[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do vegans and vegetarians think about manufactured meat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1502838802556.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1502838802556.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
What do vegans and vegetarians think about manufactured meat?
>>
>>9346522
ayyyyy

as a meat eater who wants to go vegetarian for some environment and health reasons, seems like a good theory to grow meat without using animal souls
>>
Who cares what the fuck vegans think?
>>
>>9346532
What health reasons? Is cultured meat supposed to be healthier than regular meat or something?
>>
>>9346539
i don't know, none in the short term but longer term it may be made healthier
>>
>>9346541
That would be interesting.
>>
>>9346522
Thank you vegans for contributing to deforestation, climate change and the displacement of native species in order to grow your faggy soy beans.
>>
>>9346539
>What health reasons?
Not him but meat clogging my arteries and diabetes man. I went semi-vegetarian, I eat meat like once or twice a week.

Meat is supposed to be a luxury.

[spoiler]I still eat eggs and fish regularly tho[/spoiler]
>>
>>9346522
I think it really depends on why they are vegan/veggie. If they are "meat is murder!" group then some may end up eating it. If they are "meat is murdering you!" then I doubt they'd see it as much better.

>>9346554
You should probably read up on those subjects before posting. You do have access to the internet after all.
>>
>>9346539
no chance of foodborne parasites or stuff like salmonella
>>
>>9346554
Jesus christ go back to >>>/x/
>>
>>9346580
You still have food born illness from such things. Bacteria don't really care what they are eating it seems.
>>
>>9346522
Vegan here. I think it's great. I realize that meat will never go away, and manufactured meat reduces animal suffering, environmental factors, and has the potential to free up a lot of land that we are currently using for animal agriculture.

It also may drive down the cost in the long run, and the chances for tainted meat or disease to harm somebody or to drive prices up due to recalls/shortages are also way less.
>>
>>9346522
see
>>9346569

If you're a retarded moral vegan then sure, eat some lab meat. If you're vegan because you recognize that meat is unhealthy, then you'd have to reserve judgement until you see some studies on the new shit. But considering that a lot of what makes meat bad for you has to do with the lengthy production process that encourages bacterial growth, I don't see how lab grown meat would be any better. Even if you could grow it to have a much better nutritional profile than real meat, I doubt it would be affordable to grow it in a completely sanitary environment. So then you run into the same problems with bacterial growth and all that.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.