[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skillet recipes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: skillet.jpg (20KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
skillet.jpg
20KB, 355x355px
what are the best things to make in skillets?
bonus points for desserts
>>
>>9343575
Tarte tartin
>>
Skillet cobblers
Deep dish cookie pies
Cheesecake dip
Soft gingerbread
Dutch babies

Pretty much any kind of dessert you want can be modified to make in a skillet
>>
File: Skillet Cookie.jpg (193KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
Skillet Cookie.jpg
193KB, 1024x682px
Nothing terribly special, but making skillet cookies is kinda fun. Good to set out for a group with some ice cream.
>>
If you have a cast iron skillet like in the picture it is ideal for things that need a nice crust to taste good, like searing steak and for fried potatoes. A well-seasoned cast iron pan is also well suited for pancakes. I have never made it myself, but I have variously read about Americans making cornbread in their cast iron skillets.
>>
>>9343962
How do you find room in your diet for that kind of shit? Or do you just let yourself go and balloon up?
>>
>>9344153
fuck off back to /fit/
you faggots are ruining this board
>>
>>9344153
You don't have to eat the whole thing at once by yourself.

(But you will.)
>>
File: 1304969026711.png (141KB, 496x494px) Image search: [Google]
1304969026711.png
141KB, 496x494px
>>9344173
>I'm a fat fuck and I hate when people make me remember this fact.
>>
I use mine to make refried beans. Also i use it to make chicken for chicken tacos. Sometimes i use my small cast iron skillet to make a loaf of bread
>>
Pizza is super easy and fast
>pizza dough
You can look up how to make it or just buy it
>toppings
>cheese
Make sure you have oil or butter on the pan before so it doesnt stick. Throw some foil over the pan and cook for like 10-15 min on a medium heat. It tastes better than a shitty frozen store bought pizza and its cheaper depending on the ingredients.
>>
>>9344153
>What is moderation
>>
>>9343575
Made some dinner rolls. They turned out kinda crumbly instead of flaky. Still light and tender though. Any suggestions?
>>
>>9344076

+1 on cornbread

ye olde mac n cheese is a good one to do too with bacon and shrooms. or a ziti i've even done before.

cant really help you with dessert but previous anon did say cobblers.
>>
>>9344327
Also if your pan is seasoned vegtables taste amazing when cooked right. Heres a cheap easy stir fry recipe i use
>bell pepper chopped
>one red potato(any potato works but i like red)
>onion
>garlic(garlic powder works too)
Add salt(dont add if you used garlic powder) pepper and what ever other seasonings you like
Cook those until the onions are kind of translusant
>add the jalapeno(if you dont like spice the jalapeno isnt required) and meat
Once the meat is about done cooking squeeze some lemon or lime juice on it (vinegar works too but be careful not to add too much one squirt is generally good)
Pour that on a bead of rice and your good to go

remeber to never use soap on your cast iron pan and always dry it after you rinse it so it doesnt rust.
>>
File: Laughing.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
>>9343575

>He cooks on cast iron like a medieval peasant
>>
>>9343575
My mom and dad cook everything in skillets. They cook tuna helper in skillets.

Probably not that good for you to do that but I grew up on it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.