[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Earlier this week I returned from a vacation to Japan. It was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: okonomiyaki.jpg (170KB, 1172x659px) Image search: [Google]
okonomiyaki.jpg
170KB, 1172x659px
Earlier this week I returned from a vacation to Japan. It was one of the best travel experiences I have ever done.

One thing, though, disappointed me about the trip. It was the food. I could only find mostly meh quality meat, and rice or noodles, with very few fruits or vegetables. Often times the food was deep fried. If there were vegetables there were three types - onion, green onion, or cabbage.

It's not that I didn't like the food, I just thought it would be better balanced with veggies. I guess I just had a different vision of it in my head before I went; that japanese diets are concidered some of the healthiest in the world, or whatever. I do know that fruits and veggies are expensive there, so maybe that's why. It could be the people I was traveling with that were really keen on having kushikatsu or izakaya or tempura all the time, but really this type of snack-style dining seemed to be 95 percent of the places to eat at anyway. It could also be that I had a distorted image about Japanese cuisine.

Anyway, I'd go there again, but I won't be as excited about the food, or at least not be expecting a lot of fruits and veggies.
>>
A culture's health is influenced not only by diet but by lifestyle and day to day habits yo.
>>
>>9342126
i know, but im talking about food, not lifestyle or cultural health, yo
>>
That's surprising to hear, are you sure you didn't just stick to foods that looked normal and appealing to you? Japan has a pretty diverse range of cuisine
>>
File: IMG_3929.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3929.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I've lived in Japan and agree. At least in the japanese style restaurant I found it really hard to find dishes I would consider nutritious. Most dishes were really high in carbs with fats and proteins mainly used as flavoring and almost no veggies. However I still really like japanese cuisine, but its not something I would eat everyday. Unagi, miso and shoyu ramen, takoyaki, beef tongue, oyakudon and good soba noodles are some of my favourites. Nabe is good and nutritious though, did you try that?

Pic related, beef tongue fuck that was good
>>
>>9342226
nah, really we ate what was accessible, like easy to get and not too expensive.

we had keiseki one night but obviously that shit is restrictively expensive. lots of high technique and weird foods, but still not a lot of variety besides iterations of meat, eggs, and noodles or rice.
>>
>>9342249
Shitloads of sodium in the Japanese diet too from all the fermented and pickled things they eat.
>>
>>9342249
Those greens dont look very fresh
>>
>>9342258
>easy to get and not too expensive
So you got the japanese equivalent of deli sandwiches and hamburgers. Not sure what you really expected.
>>
>>9342249
we did not have nabe in japan, but we had it at a really really authentic japanese restaurant in antwerp. that was gooooood.
>>
>>9342264
Its actually fermented cabbage, and its pretty good. Kind of sweet and acidic and very crunchy and refreshing.
>>
>>9342279
Nice! Did they have kimchi sauce at the restaurant? I'm curious since everyone I ate nabe with in Japan always had kimchi sauce available on the table.
>>
>>9342296
it was in march when I visited belgium, so i dont remember :/
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.