[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have the thing where cilantro kinda smells like stink bugs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

I have the thing where cilantro kinda smells like stink bugs to me. I recently got some coriander seeds and they smell really nice. My question is: Does cilantro smell like coriander seeds to you? Is this how normal people taste cilantro?
>>
Bump

I also have the thing though I'm a sucker for coriander and this never occured to me
>>
I would like to say I could tell you but I'm 80% sure I've never tried coriander.
>>
There's a hint of it, but not really. To me the seed is purely like a non-sour lemon while the leaf is a more intense but also slightly brighter parsley.
>>
They smell different for all people.
>>
Not at all. Cilantro and coriander are totally different flavors, for some time I thought it's two different plants.
>>
>>9341454
>Not at all. Cilantro and coriander are totally different flavors,

This. The seeds taste very different than the leaves. Thai cuisine also uses the roots, which are different than either the leaves or seeds.
>>
>>9341145
Yes! Stink bugs! That is exactly how that foul weed tastes and smells to me. It's so bad that I lose my appetite from the smell coming off someone elses plate.
Dry coriander seeds are fine though, whatever it is that makes cilantro inedible for some people doesn't seem to affect the seeds. But to answer your question, no, I don't think you can compare the tastes of the two regardless of what genes you have. Different taste and different uses.
>>
I think cilantro tastes and smells like soap. Never found it as bad as stinkbugs but I still avoid it.
>>
File: 1489441235092.gif (4MB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
1489441235092.gif
4MB, 500x277px
>>9341145
Alright I saw this thread earlier and having never picked either fresh myself and having bought bulk coriander and fresh on shelf cilantro I thought you were a fucking retard. Searching google I see its the same plant.

They are nothing alike at all, cilantro can go with some sweet stuff but its sweet as a secondary like lime and lemon (primarily sour, bitter) and coriander I use for pork all the time, id never use cilantro with just pork - it has to be with it in a taco maybe I dont really know. Im just genuinely surprised is all.

Cilantro is fine flavor wise, I feel bad for those cursed with negative senses for it. I did overuse it in the past and that made the taste horrible in meory, but gradually ive gotten used to it again fresh.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.