[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are you eating?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1503528815733368308503.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1503528815733368308503.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Hey /ck/ new bachelor/fitfag here cooking chicken for the first time and I can't tell if I fucked up.

It smells good and I waited for the edges to turn white before I flipped and pulled earlier than the first side fried for.

Now I'm just letting it rest while the rice finishes cooking
>>
File: 15035290193511658831383.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
15035290193511658831383.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>9339179
Holy shit it turned out beautiful.

I accidentally put to much water into the rice and put to much pepper but it turned out soft, gonna drain the water.
>>
>>9339179
what spices did you use? loooks good bro
>>
File: 15035292357751522630829.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
15035292357751522630829.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>9339192
Not really colorful and pretty boring to what you guys are used to, but I'm a fatty trying to cut hard and fast so this was all I could really think of besides like broccoli and I'm actually really impressed at how well it turned out lmao.

Do you guys have any /fit/ recipes, or tips on how to make it better or things that are cheap and healthy instead of just doing chicken broccoli and rice all the time lmao.
>>
>>9339218
I did thyme, cracked black pepper, and a little basil. I heard letting it sit beforehand with some salt on it helps develop a crust but I don't think I put either enough salt or let it sit long enough.

Probably not long enough since it tastes great imo.
>>
>>9339192
Looks good, OP. That looks nice and juicy, not overcooked.

>>9339224
If your main goal is weight loss then any sort of food will work, just control your portion size. You don't really need to limit what types of food you eat. Instead focus on how *much* you eat.
>>
>>9339224
My man, chicken broccoli rice (CBR) is a /fit/ meme from like 6 years ago when no one had any idea how to cook, by now you should know how calories and macros work and you should have thousands of recipes that fit into your lifestyle
>>
>>9339235
Nice bro. try adding asparagus or broccoli or any other vege really..
>>
About to get started on some lazy dinner.

Chicken Breast
Roasted sweet potato
Roasted carrots
>>
>>9339235
There's no crust because you didn't sear it hard enough. Higher heat next time. But don't take that as a criticism, you did great for a first attempt!
>>
>>9339236
>>9339240
True, it's just been a culture change since moving out on my own on what I can cook for myself and how I'm taking care of myself etc.
>>
>>9339248
Sounds really good man, love me some roasted sweet potato.

>>9339246
Yeah while I'm eating this I'm definitely wanting some, i think I have a steamable asparagus dish with a Sichuan sauce in my freezer. I'll have to check and see.

>>9339249
Can I do that? I was using evoo (I guess that's what you use to pan fry things but my parents always used canola) and was worried about burning it because it was set on to high of a heat (I've heard a lot of horror stories and the burner was on medium high)
>>
>>9339267
I gotta say good on ya for making that change, but keep in mind there is literally no reason to have a spartan "food is sustenance" mindset unless you're training for a sport. Just hit your macros, hit your calories, tren hard.
>>
>>9339288
>Can I do that?
Yes.

>>I was using evoo
Don't fry with evoo. It's for low- or no-heat use, like making dressings or sauces. Use canola, peanut, grapeseed, or other oil that has a high smoke point for cooking with. Normal aka "light" olive oil is OK too.

A good rule of thumb for heat control is to use your senses. The food should sizzle (think of the "frying bacon" sound) the instant it touches the pan, and that should be maintained while you are searing both sides. If you don't hear the sizzle then the heat is too low. If you see smoke or smell burning then the heat is too high. Let those two points be your guide. Once you've gotten a good sear on both sides then you can lower the heat to finish cooking through to the center. This works for chicken, steaks, pork chops, fish, you name it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.