[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that when talking about fried eggs, people on here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
Why is it that when talking about fried eggs, people on here seem to create a false dichotomy between over easy and over hard, completely ignoring the far superior option of over medium? It's almost as if there's a conspiracy to prevent people from realizing that they don't need to choose between an unsatisfying solid yolk or slurping down snotty, cummy, runny egg white. Wake up sheeple, you can have it both ways: a solid white AND a runny yolk.
>>
>>9337361
>radical centrist
>>
File: moroccan-fried-eggs-2-1024x576.jpg (111KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
moroccan-fried-eggs-2-1024x576.jpg
111KB, 1024x576px
I like over easy if I have toast to sop up the yolk.

If i'm just eating the eggs by themselves, I like to break the yolk and spread it around, then cook it over medium.

This way the yolk is fully cooked, and you get a bit of yolk in every bite.

Seems like people consider this heresy, though.
>>
>>9337373
So scrambled eggs, but shittier
>>
>>9337361
It's a fine art to achieve the perfect medium cooked egg. Still liquid but thick and rich. Most times I just end up with egg still runny.
>>
>>9337377
No, they don't taste like scrambled eggs at all.
>>
>solid white and runny yolk

that is what over easy is.
>>
>>9337377
Nah. The appeal of an unbroken yolk is that you can have the center runny and the outside more cooked, creating a contrast in textures in addition to helping the yolk not spill where ever the fuck it wants.
If you break the yolk and control it's spread, you've increased the surface area to volume ratio, thus allowing you to evenly cook the entire yolk. You can still keep it separate from the whites.

Both ways have their ups and downs.
>>
>>9337390
No, over easy still has some runny white
>>
>>9337436
Nah. The whole purpose of over easy as opposed to sunny side up is to ensure the whites set while the yolk stays runny.
>>
>>9337478
Over easy: Lightly cooked, with runny white and yolk
Over medium: Solid white, runny yolk
Over hard: Solid white and solid yolk

This is fact.
>>
>>9337361
It is possible to have sunny-side up with no runny eggs. Just leave the egg on low medium for like 5 minutes.
>>
>>9337487

over medium is partially set yolk. like a fudgy texture. over hard is when it goes pale and grainy.
>>
>>9337510
Wrong
>>
I will never understand runny yolks. Not even mopped up with toast, no. That is just disgusting.

At most, egg yolks should be gooey like molasses. A little more solidified and there you have your sweet spot.
>>
>>9338119
I can't be bothered to look for more than a minute or so, but I haven't found anything yet that describes over-easy as anything other than
>fried
>flipped
>runny yolk
>set white

I've also yet to receive anything other than this ordering my eggs overeasy at any diner.
>>
>>9338130

and there's a good reason for that - people don't like runny white. send an egg out with a runny white and it will get sent back. there are some cultures where people don't mind it but you sure as shit don't get it in western diners and cafes.
>>
OP is fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1501015590132.jpg (118KB, 600x648px) Image search: [Google]
1501015590132.jpg
118KB, 600x648px
Anything except sunny side up is wrong, fight me egg niggers
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.