[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hiking food/pemmikan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 800px-BiltongStokkies.jpg (184KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
800px-BiltongStokkies.jpg
184KB, 800x600px
Okay /ck/, I´ll make a hiking trip soon and besides buying from farms or stores, I plan to have an "emergency ration" á la pemmikan.
The stuff I plan to put in there should contain the following
>broteinz
>fats
>complex carbs
>salts (I´ll put vitamins into my water via pills)
>and some glucose
I heard about >pic related and want to use it for the ´teinz and salt. Can I dry it myself if I have only a cubboard and a handdryer (electricity is free in my flat)? Oh, and what spices should I use?
Also, is peanut butter a good basis for bars or cookies, maybe with some oats and chocolate?

Also, general /power food/ bread, I guess.
>>
File: Phone 1 047.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Phone 1 047.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>9334073
I personally find that cooked peanut butter has significantly less protein value. If that's what you're going for I'd try to layer it on something else. However it's worth noting that raw peanut butter is way heavier than baked PB, so it would be more of a burden in your pack than baked off

Here, have a picture of a bird on south beach. .
>>
just buy a civilian MRE you fuckin' nerd, it's a damn sight easier and safer than dragging along meat that'll likely end up spoiling because you fucked up the dehydration process by using just a hairdryer.
>>
>>9335955
>However it's worth noting that raw peanut butter is way heavier than baked PB, so it would be more of a burden in your pack than baked off
Yeah, I thought so. Maybe I can find a recipe for baked pb bars.

>>9335983
>just buy a civilian MRE you fuckin' nerd
But it´s fun. Do you hate fun, Anon? Also, ever heard about the joy in creating something?
>meat that'll likely end up spoiling because you fucked up the dehydration process by using just a hairdryer.
Elaborate pls, how will I fuck up the process?
>>
>>9334073
I hope you die on your hike you fucking normie
>>
>>9336133
>normie
Couldn´t be farther from the truth, motherfucker. Man, even biltong is not as fucking salty as you.
Thx anyway for your contribution, faguette.
>>
>>9336020
Uneven application of heat that could potentially lead to moisture remaining within the finished product and harboring bacteria. I highly doubt you have the stamina or the patience to sit there for upto 15 hours blow-drying your meat.
>>
go fuck yourself cunt
i hatr you
>>
Holy shit, OP is such a retarded faggot. What a smelly bag of rotten cocks.
>>
fuck off imbecile. fucking dickhead.
>>
Your mom should have aborted you. You are a nigger and a waste of oxigen and space.
>>
>>9336167
>>9336164
>>9336160
>>9336133
>>9335983
/ck/ is my favorite board it has good productive discussion
>>
Damn, I'm so glad I'm not a cancer infested fag like OP.
>>
>>9336144
>I'm going to go camping. Follow my Instagram!
You and 100s of other people. The places you go camping is filthy I bet.

Not the guy you're quoting but don't come to a board and insult the regulars when you are seeking advice.
>>
>>9336171
an AIDS infested sewer rat is more valuable than your whole family
including you, stupid corn-covered shit nugget
>>
>>9336171
Sometimes I wonder what went through your parents head when they decided that they should concieve you but then I remember that they have Down syndrome and they had you because they didn't know how to abort you.
>>
>>9336154
Okay, so what´s the alternative? Hanging it up in my room like my clothes?
>>
>>9336254
stupid nigger dont spoonfeed this gaylord
this aint a /ck/ issue, retarded questions are for search engines and wsr only
>>
>>9336254
Ahh damn. I really hoped I could make some of this tasty shit without bankrupting myself. Welp, better save some money for the Eternal Afrikaaner then.
Also
>Leave before you see the full extent of the despair
Ahaha wtf you talking about, m00tykins has long since locked me up in this God-forsaken shithole, I can´t leave!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.