[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Shaved brussel sprout salad Who came up with this bullshit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

>Shaved brussel sprout salad
Who came up with this bullshit?

My jaw is exhausted. These were never meant to be eaten raw. It's a fucking offense and doesn't even taste good. Why does my mouth burn now.
>>
I was going to say that it sounds ok but

>raw

Oh, what?
>>
>>9333445
They say "marinated" but these aren't prepared at all they're harsh and raw and hurt my mouth.

I spent an hour chewing on this salad like a dumb bovine and I am ANGERY
>>
>>9333424
>My jaw is exhausted.
Sounds like somethings wrong with you.

Pretty much all brassica should be cooked though to convert the calcium oxalates crystals into a bioavailable form.
>>
File: 1-shredded-paper-blink-images.jpg (94KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1-shredded-paper-blink-images.jpg
94KB, 900x600px
>>9333459
Yeah no shit someone tell this hipster restaurant that they are selling salads made of the contents of my fucking shredder.
>>
>>9333464
The whole "raw" food trend is pretty much philosophical bullshit that more raw necessarily means more "pure" and better.
In a way it's based on a misunderstanding of some true facts. Foods generally do have more nutrients and energy before cooking. Heating breaks things down and denatures nutrients, but a lot of the nutrition in most foods is locked up in forms that aren't easily usable by your body, that's bioavailability. So while there's a loss in the overall nutrition of the food from cooking there's a net gain in the practical nutrition that is actually of use to you. This is especially true of some foods that are outright toxic without proper preparation like cassava and potatoes, or even just have anti-nutritive properties like most brassica, that is hampering your ability to absorb nutrients.
Some things are fine or arguably better to eat raw but it's a very case by case thing.
>>
>>9333530
I am now only angrier that I am being denied nutrients.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE
>>
>>9333542
With brassica, it also varies by the plant, hardy greens like kale are the worst to eat raw while cauliflower isn't nearly as bad.
Raw brussel sprouts are just a waste anyway since they taste best with a slight sear from a quick grill or pan-cooking with a little fat, pork works especially well. They're worst when allowed to steam in their own juices which is the sort of thing that turned a lot of people off of them from bad childhood experiences.

If you wanna be even angrier; because things like large calcium oxalate crystals aren't bioavailable they just float around and can even collect to form kidney stones.
>>
File: Attach24676_20170822_132253.jpg (190KB, 1331x849px) Image search: [Google]
Attach24676_20170822_132253.jpg
190KB, 1331x849px
>>9333573
FUCK THIS
>>
Heck, some wild plants have so large calcium oxalate crystals that they can seem to "burn" when eaten, or even irritate skin from microabrasions from the large sharp crystals.
>>
>>9333584
That might explain why sipping on my seltzer now feels like an acid attack in my mouth.
>>
Why not blanch them?
>>
>>9334078
THAT'S SOMETHING TO ASK THESE FAGGOT RESTAURATEURS NOW ISN'T IT
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.