[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on food safety standards for fish. I believe fish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: sashimi-chart-wallpaper-1.jpg (105KB, 644x400px) Image search: [Google]
sashimi-chart-wallpaper-1.jpg
105KB, 644x400px
Redpill me on food safety standards for fish. I believe fish is very healthy. Nothing I love more than some pic related, but I recently spoke to a friend who was fear mongering fish because the water is more polluted than it used to be, it's quickly getting worse, don't eat fish, etc.

Is it safe? Not sure I can live without sashimi.
>>
>>9332905

Every study on the healthiness of fish shows that eating it lowers heart disease risks despite the metals and so on that it contains due to water pollution, which leads me to believe that the healthy stuff in fish are healthier than the unhealthy stuff are unhealthy.

Eat away, but try to focus on species that contain low amounts of mercury.
>>
https://nutritionfacts.org/topics/fish/

Modern-day fish is also a leading source of industrial pollutants such as mercury, dioxins, neurotoxins, arsenic, DDT, AGE’s, PCB’s, PDBE’s, alkylphenol endocrine disruptors and even prescription drugs that may end up in waterways.
>>
>>9332905
Increasing pollution is a problem in some areas, but it's pretty much irrelevant unless you're eating nothing but fish in your diet.

Many people are prone to overreacting. They confuse "don't eat this food for every single meal" with "don't eat this food ever". That's what your friend is doing. Overreacting.

Keep in mind that pollution is everywhere, not just the water. It's in the air, in the ground, etc. You aren't avoiding pollution by avoiding fish. You're just switching what kind of pollution you are consuming.
>>
Oh also related, I heard that fish farms are even worse and that is also leading to fish slowly getting more unhealthy as time goes on
>>
>>9332924
Pollution is not uniform in food. Food that eats other food is more polluted, due to bioaccumulation.
Therefore, the healthiest/safest foods are plants. If you still go fish, do prefer herbivorous fishes.
>>
>>9332953
>Pollution is not uniform in food.
Correct.

>Food that eats other food is more polluted, due to bioaccumulation.
Bioaccumulation is a thing for certain toxins, but not all of them.

>Therefore, the healthiest/safest foods are plants.
False conclusion. Plants can absorb toxins that animals cannot. The very life of a plant is built around absorbing things from the ground (via roots) and from the air (via leaves). They can accumulate toxins that fish or animals are not exposed to. Keep in mind that we spray chemicals like pesticides, weed killer, and fertilizers directly onto plants, which then absorb them. Many of those are highly toxic, and they accumulate in the plant and in the soil beneath to affect the next planting.

>>If you still go fish, do prefer herbivorous fishes.
Or smaller ones lower on the food chain.

But this is no reason not to eat fish. It simply means you shouldn't eat large predatory fish frequently. There's nothing wrong with eating them every once in a while.
>>
You want the real red pill? Food safety is a meme. We have an appendix and liver for a reason
>>
>>9332924
>They confuse "don't eat this food for every single meal" with "don't eat this food ever".
this. so much this.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.