[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Eating habits you notice while working at a restaurant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1436421224975.png (300KB, 618x494px) Image search: [Google]
1436421224975.png
300KB, 618x494px
> majority of guests order their burger medium well or well done
>common to have requests for multiple sides of ranch with their meal
>will request extra ranch and notice they don't even use it
>occasionally get someone who wants a super custom dish based on food menu and is a pain in the dick about it if not made to exact order
>>
>>9331402
>>will request extra ranch and notice they don't even use it
I sometimes order mayo for a burger, and then end up not needing to make the juicy burger moister since it was perfectly cooked and dressed. It's a just in case thing.
>>
File: 1497862806971.png (5KB, 239x258px) Image search: [Google]
1497862806971.png
5KB, 239x258px
>>9331402
>the person deepest in a booth is the one that needs to use the restroom multiple times, forcing everyone to stand up.
>>
>>9331434
I'm fine with leaving containers instead of ramekins since that minimizes waste. I just feel like nobody would ever do that if there was a small charge.
>>
>>9331465
That has no effect on the employee lol.
>>
>>9331470
Food runners, bro.
>>
>>9331529
Yeah I don't have those where I work. Again restroom needs do not have much an effect on employees.
>>
>>9331626
What if the stall is occupied and you need to shoot some H?
>>
>>9331632
do it at the urinal. only fags will try to look and see what you're doing and they won't talk if you don't.
>>
I'll eat a steak medium rare, but ground beef sorta scares me. More surface area that doesn't get cooked. Not gonna acquire illness because culinary Rambo like you might look down upon it.
>>
>>9331641
Well considering raw ground meat is a common breadspread here i don't have these issues luckily. Then again I can't blame anyone for not wanting to eat raw meat.
>>
File: 1455308537889.png (260KB, 406x448px) Image search: [Google]
1455308537889.png
260KB, 406x448px
>>9331402
>customers put gallons of ketchup on fucking everything
Shit annoyed me to no end when I was a busser, cause it would always get all over my fingers and I would need to use the sink constantly since they didn't give us gloves. I saw people dipping their goddamn chicken wings in it, what the fuck?
>>
>>9331637
But what if I'm gay and find you attractive?
>>
>>9331668
then you're not going to tell on me for shooting up at the urinal, right?
>>
>>9331402
>> majority of guests order their burger medium well
What's wrong with this?
>>
>>9331717
Some people assume that since staek is best medium rare, a burger (also being beef) is likewise best medium rare.

This is false.
>>
>>9331802
But he said medium well, not medium rare. Personally I take my burgers well.
>>
80% people of will finish their appetizers
60% will finish their main course
90% will finish deserts
displaying cheap label wines actually drive up sales for more expensive ones
tips are more likely if you look to be genuine rather than overbearing,i made a mistake of trying too hard early on and i got less than my mates who was more casual
be prepared to take people photos alot if your place is picturesque
>>
>>9331402
Medium is the absolute minimum temperature a burger should be served at. Its safe if freshly ground to go below but it just falls apart and has a bad texture if you go below that. Most people correctly know that a burger needs to be well done if it isn't freshly ground and just order what they have learned to cook at home.
>>
>>9331900
OP here, I agree on the medium sentiment. I feel like anything beyond that is way too dry.

>>9331850
>tips are more likely if you look to be genuine rather than overbearing,i made a mistake of trying too hard early on and i got less than my mates who was more casual
>be prepared to take people photos alot if your place is picturesque

Can definitely vouch for both. While working at a cocktail bar photo ops were extremely common so I ran with it, the key is to take at least three pics so they have one to choose as the best. Been indifferent about tipout so just go for making sure people are enjoying themselves. Just about anyone is able to point out hokey bullshit.

>>9331632
Just don't try to fuck in the bathroom and I don't care. We had to kick out a couple that was not so subtle about trying to do that. And this is a restaurant located in a mall lol
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.