[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No hot sauce thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 20170821_201408.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170821_201408.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Whipping up a spicy af batch o' sauce, boys. pic related is my recipe and it's simmering now. ~10 til I cry like Maced Alaska.
>Hot sauce general
>>
>Too watery
>Carrots still have crunch to them at 20 minutes.
>Not enough pineapple flavour.
>Just pure heat.
Added another 1/4 pineapple and a jalapeno to give it some a more even flavour. Put it back on the stove for another ~10
>>
>>9331030
Why would you do this
>>
>>9331030
>maced Alaska
>mocking someone that got brutally attacked for simply expressing his freedom of speech that is granted to all Americans
I hope you get food poisoning and die
>>
>>9331097
>hoping someone dies for voicing their opinion on an anonymous Mongolian cross-stitching forum
Got thin enough skin there, snowflake?
>>
>>9331115
Voice your opinion all you want. You came out of the gate an asshole so I don't care for you and voiced mine in response.
>>
File: 1409843221522.jpg (143KB, 906x946px) Image search: [Google]
1409843221522.jpg
143KB, 906x946px
>>9331120
Fair enough. Want to talk about hot sauce now?
>>
>>9331088
>Still just heat.
>No discernable pineapple flavour after a total of 3/4 of one
>Going to stick it in the fridge overnight and add a mango to it tomorrow.
Very disappointed at this point
>>
>not fermenting your peppers
>>
>>9331173
I just don't understand what you were expecting with that many peppers
>>
>>9331231
I made a pretty damned tasty hot sauce at the end of last summer pretty much throwing all of my leftover peppers into this basic recipe, but I used mango instead of pineapple.
>>
You have to simmer a sauce for at least 2-3 hours to make it good.

Carrots need to be parboiled.

Pineapple is really fucking dicey to add to something if you're not sure what you're doing; if you want to experiment with it, make a good sauce first then experiment adding fresh chunks.
>>
File: 155OKHDv.jpg (32KB, 445x445px) Image search: [Google]
155OKHDv.jpg
32KB, 445x445px
>trying to top150 years of perfection by yourself
>>
>>9331177
Came here to post this. It's just so much better. All you need are peppers, water, salt and optional but I like tomatoes (the speed up fermentation a shit ton) and xantham gum to thicken
>>
What is the oreffered method for hot sauce, fermenting or 'pickling' in a jar full of vinegar and things?
>>
>>9331600
Fermentation 100%. Let it sit long enough and it'll smell like vinegar too
>>
>>9331030
>>9331313
I could see the pineapple giving it a little sweetness that goes well with the heat, but OP's recipe would be too hot for me. I love some spicy food, but I'm not on that Carolina reaper/ ghost pepper level.

Besides, chicks dig it when you eat a lot of pineapple.
>>
File: opcamethroughwiththesauce.jpg (37KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
opcamethroughwiththesauce.jpg
37KB, 750x400px
>>9331030
yuh
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.