[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheap Fake Meat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: tofandfield.jpg (45KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
tofandfield.jpg
45KB, 500x332px
So meat is all bullshit. Nearly a hologram that can be copied with pennies a ton vegetable matter.

So why they hell do all the fake meats cost as much or more then their real counterparts? Is it just shameless cash-in equivalency? Or just low volume excuses? If anyone of these companies ran subsidized their product as a cause to take down animal products, wouldn't they be dirt cheap and real meat would be out-competed yesterday?...world fixed....so what is the deal?
>>
Have you actually tried tasting that nasty ass shit?
>>
Its for lazy trendy people who cant cook. Any vegeterian or vegan e
Worth a dump is interested in food and can cook with beans and lentils.
>>
Just get some Hebrew nationals , no eye lids and no butt holes. The cleanest hotdog you can get?
>>
>>9330639
Whole reason I made a thread is cause I just had that field roast italian sausage minutes before, and was annoyed that they are 8 dollars a pound.
>>
>>9330655
Possibly true, I wouldn't know, and like all prepared foods, you are paying for convenience, in a better world, in proportion to ingredient costs.....exactly not like here.
>>
>>9330669
Yes. And the methane that boils the oceans?
>>
Yes, it should be much cheaper than real meat. It's just soy/corn/pea flour with spices run through industrial food processing machines. In theory it should cost the same as cereal.
1. The small population of vegetarians means they can't mass produce and get economies of scale.
2. The hipsters who buy these at Whole Foods etc. don't care what they spend.
3. There is basically no competition by substitution. With meat, you can get it anywhere or even hunt it yourself. This stuff litetally requires $1,000,000 machines to create that specific texture (twin screw extruders). For people who want imitation meat with an acceptable texture, there is no option to do it yourself.

t. vegetarian who researched thid
>>
>>9330720
Oh wow. This is the most cogent, fact based response I've ever encountered on this site. Be still my heart. Wanna cyber? It's 1997 right?

NOT THAT I DON'T BELIEVE YOU (sounds right) but citations?
>>
>>9330730
>Wanna cyber?
I giggled
>>
>>9330720
What about this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TpQl9V9yoA&t=138s
>>
>>9330669
>supermarket jewdogs
>clean
Try some of Michigan's local/state hotdog brands, they'll blow you away (as much as a hotdog can I suppose) by how much better they are than any others

I suggest Vollwerth's
>>
File: vegans.jpg (57KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
vegans.jpg
57KB, 480x480px
>>9330633
because people will pay it.
>>
>>9330710
You'll be long dead before that becomes an issue
>>
>>9330807
I won't, only brought them exploratoraily....AND on message, cause turkey pepperoni for my pizzas is like 11 per pound....FUCK THAT.
>>
>>9330822
Can you taste the tears of frustration of the childrens in your critter tubes?
>>
>>9330633
because its a niche market rn
>>
File: download (12).jpg (8KB, 288x162px) Image search: [Google]
download (12).jpg
8KB, 288x162px
>>9330846
Yasssss
>>
>>9330851
How do you make it not, oh wise one?
>>
>>9330742
Don't let this magic get away.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.