[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best thing to do with gnocchi?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: nokey.jpg (471KB, 2000x1333px)
nokey.jpg
471KB, 2000x1333px
What's the best thing to do with gnocchi?
>>
Also, do you really need a huge pot to boil it? I get that you have to wait for them to float, but I don't really have large pots
>>
ck pls someone gave me gnocchi and I have to do something with it
>>
Garlic butter sauce.
Just use whatever pot you have. If you would make pasta in it you can make gnocchi in it probably.
>>
>>9330441
Thanks dude
I guess keeping it simple is best? Man idk what this stuff even tastes like but I'm excited
>>
>>9330419
why would someone give you gnocchi? ...you just make it from potatoes
>>
Shove it right up your ass fag
>>
>>9330468
It's a long story man. There's this guy who volunteers where I work, and he'll donate random ass food items for the people in the house (we live where we work basically). Today it was premade gnocchi bought from the store. One time he brought a panini maker, there is no logic with this man but I will take advantage of trying gnocchi and cooking with it for free
>>
>anything but ragu alla bolognese
pleeeeeeebs
>>
File: 1481938511785.png (84KB, 415x532px) Image search: [Google]
1481938511785.png
84KB, 415x532px
>>9330491
>premade gnocchi
>>
>>9330368
boil them then toss them with browned butter, marjoram, and grate some parm/pecorino on top.

I make big batches, do the above on the night of making them, then keep some frozen in individual portions and just toss them into whatever sauce I've made down the line
>>
>>9330368
The trash. I tried to get on with gnocchi, but it just never happened. Weird taste and weird texture
>>
File: hqdefault (3).jpg (17KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault (3).jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>9330482
Blow it out your ass.
>>
Cabbage cooked in butter, add salt and a shitload of black pepper and toss the gnocchi in. Probably my favorite dish to make in the winter
>>
>>9330513
I know it's not ideal, but I don't want this free food going bad!

>>9330514
Sounds good dude, I fucking love brown butter
>>
sage and brown butter
>>
>>9330521
Interesting. Do you parboil or steam the cabbage first to get it a little tender or is it cooked start to finish in the butter? Do you serve anything else with it or as is?
>>
Gnocchi alla romana. Oops, I forgot you have some kind of retarded frozen potato dough gnocchi instead of fresh semolina. Just drown it in ranch and ketchup and call it a day, amerilard.
>>
>>9330368
Personal suggestion? Don't use gnocchi as a main. Use it as a side. Make a good steak with a side of asparagus bakes with olive oil and salt and a side of gnocchi with butter and a grated sharp cheese.

If you are going to eat it as a main dish, I say make a thick tomato based sauce like a ragu or bolognese and top this bastard with cheese.
>>
>>9330576

I normally just cook it start to finish in enough butter to coat all the cabbage and cook it down to half its volume and serve it just like that with the gnocchi, but thats mostly just because thats how I've always had it since my grandparents used to make it, pretty standard Polish/Slovakian dish so it could go well with some kind of meat or sausage Im sure.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.