[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best kind of pizza, and why is it calzone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (128KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
128KB, 1500x844px
What is the best kind of pizza, and why is it calzone?
>>
Stromboli >calzone

Also buffalo chicken is goat at slice #1. Beyond that it gets tedious
>>
>>9329364
For me, it's the Mcchicken. The best fast food pizza out there.
>>
>>9329367
this
>>
>>9329364
calzone will always be the shame of italy, filthy degenerates from north italy made it
>>
>>9329397
I didn't realize the culture war between Northern and Southern Italy was still that big of a deal.
>>
>>9329367
Stromboli kicks calzone' ass all day long
>>
>>9329367
Stromboli > Calzone in most cases.

There's a few edge case where a Calzone is a better choice, usually if you're making a pizza that's cheese heavy and meat light.

I've had a 5 cheese greek calzone that will make you dwell upon your mortality while you eat it.
>>
would lamb in a calzone be good?
>>
File: IMG_2295.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2295.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
File: IMG_2296.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2296.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>9331204
>>
File: IMG_2297.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2297.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9331210
>>
It's weird I've only ever seen calzones with caramelized cheese on em in places that weren't very authentically Italian. I wonder if it's technically "kosher"
>>
>>9331218
looks delicious, anon. What's your filling? Sausage ricotta?

I like to brush the tops of mine with EVOO, and coarse salt. They get golden from the oil and it tastes good. If I'm shopping just for calzones mood, like during a publix italian sale, I pick up the dough ball in the bakery cold case, the whole milk ricotta, wedge of romano, slices of smoked provolone, a garlic bulb, fresh spinach, and this awesome sun-dried tomato chicken sausage. I brown the sausage, and then saute the spinach and garlic once browned, and a little of that goes into each calzone with slices of provolone, parm and drained ricotta. I also cook them on parchment that I can slide from my sheet tray to on top of my pizza stone.
>>
a calzone is not a pizza. a calzone is a pasty. get it right.
>>
>>9331199

>does lamb go with bread

this is how retarded you sound
>>
>>9331305
A calzone is a pizza if it's made in a pizzeria
A calzone is not a pizza if it's made in a deli
>>
Deep dish nigger
>>
File: 20101130-pizza-strips-02.jpg (14KB, 288x202px) Image search: [Google]
20101130-pizza-strips-02.jpg
14KB, 288x202px
>>9331424
Oh yes it's time to throw down, lets get weird.
>>
>>9331440
I maintain that strip pizza is the most Italian kind of pizza because it relies on having a population of people who craves pizza sauce event at room temperature to survive.
>>
>>9329405
Us Italians tend to be a stubborn people.
>>
>>9331253
I'm pretty sure putting meat and dairy in the same dish isn't kosher.
>>
There's a place in College Station, TX that serves up deep-fried calzones.

My friends, I would not lie to you here, it was the best goddamn thing I ever put in my mouth.
>>
>>9331305
A calzone is a sandwich.
>>
>>9329364
pizza is classified as an open-faced pie, so calzone wouldn't count as one.

If anthing, it's more of a pita
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.