[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like microwaves or do you avoid them like the plague?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: Large-940x620_0000146.jpg (279KB, 940x620px) Image search: [Google]
Large-940x620_0000146.jpg
279KB, 940x620px
Do you like microwaves or do you avoid them like the plague?
>>
The last time I regularly used mine was when I didn't have an espresso machine yet and heated up the milk with it. Now I occasionally use it when I can't defrost something in time otherwise.

Luckily mine can also serve as a crappy oven, which I use all the time.
>>
when i moved out it was the first thing i bought but now i cant even remember the last time i used mine for something aside from reheating left over take out chiniese
>>
>>9329129
use them all the time
>>
>>9329129

good for reheating leftovers for lunch etc. I also use mine to melt butter, heat up milk/water and sometimes to par cook potatoes/sweet potatoes before frying.
>>
I use it to make oatmeal every morning. I also almost always cook food in batches so I constantly reheat food. I also buy a lot of vegetables frozen.
I use it at least once a day.
>>
>avoid them like the plague

there is no such thing. literally every single person under a roof has one.
>>
>>9329188
I know a person that doesn't have one because he literally doesn't see the use for it.
>>
Great to make the following:
>Popcorn
>Oatmeal
>Rice
>Baked potato
>Noodles
>Bacon
>Steamed vegetables
>Nachos with cheese
>Dried herbs
>Toasted nuts
>Mugcake
>Poached eggs

That's what I usually use it for.
>>
I went without a microwave for a few years and while the convenience is nice, they take up so much damn space in the kitchen. I would be fine going without desu.
>>
>knowingly ruining the nutritional cotent of your food
use it every day
>>
I use it to make oatmeal every single morning, plus reheating frozen dinner portions. Cooking a huge stew and freezing enough portions to last a week is comfy and frugal.
>>
I only use it for leftovers
>>
>>9329521
>Poached eggs
This is one of the best cooking hacks I have ever used. Every single one of them turns out perfect.
>>
>>9329738
What is the timing/power level?
>>
>>9329742
Use one egg at a time

- put 70 ml of water in a heat resistant bowl, with a dash of (white wine)vinegar.
- close the bowl (I use a small plate)
- full power for about 50 seconds. depends on the size of the egg.

If the egg-white is still transparent, nuke it for 10 more seconds.

Good luck!
>>
>>9329129
When I was in college I thought it was a necessity, but I've since realized it's actually not that useful. Basically you can use an oven, pan, or kettle for anything you would microwave. My current apartment has one built-in but I don't think I'd buy one.
>>
>>9329129
They are perfect for heating food I make in a batch then freeze. I can just grab a container, throw it in the microwave and nuke it for ten minutes while I stagger my way upstairs to shower off the grime of a long, long day.
>>
>>9329129
I only use them at work to reheat leftovers and only because of time constraints

I threw out my microwave like 7 years ago at home, the only thing I ever used it for was to reheat chinese leftovers and that still only saves ~15m over using an oven
>>
>>9329767
I been years without it. But since I have two kids and have to (re)heat baby milk in the middle of the night, I can't do without it.

And pouched eggs of course.
>>
>>9329129
Neither, really. They do have some uses in the kitchen but they are fairly limited: reheating wet/soupy leftovers like stew, soup, pasta sauce, etc--and steaming.

On the other hand they are perfectly safe so I don't understand why some people freak out about them.
>>
>>9329129

They have their uses but I try to avoid them whenever possible.
>>
>>9329129
Neither. I am indifferent to them.
>>
>>9329129
They are useful for reheating soup and pasta

Thats about it
>>
>>9329185
This. I like cooking in batches so it's baller for that. Plus it's a great way to steam veggies and make some oats.
>>
>>9330309
Oh and I use it often with baking. Easy way to soften butter, melt chocolate, heat a quick cup of water, etc.
>>
>>9329188
i dont own a microwave and i probably never will. i only use them at work
>>
They're decent for heating liquids, softening things super fast. Other than that I only use them to reheat food.
>>
>>9329202
I don't have one because I don't see the use for it. Why use an entire machine just to unevenly warm food that I could have put on my stove instead?

I had one in my dorm room back in uni, but once I got an apartment I had no more use for it.
>>
Aprently they we suposed to give me cancer already according to my mom. I use them regularly
>>
File: DC.png (198KB, 1136x1285px) Image search: [Google]
DC.png
198KB, 1136x1285px
My apartment came with one wall mounted, so it's not mine to ditch. However I will use it for heating up food in a pinch because my oven is a PUNK BITCH and takes forever to preheat. Typically I'm not an impatient eater but when you gotta jet you gotta jet.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.