[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know to not use hot water to thaw chicken, but how warm can it get?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1199557278556.jpg (139KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1199557278556.jpg
139KB, 1024x768px
I know to not use hot water to thaw chicken, but how warm can it get?
>>
I've got a little more than an hour to thaw a bag of drumsticks.
>>
Either run it under cold water or place it on an aluminum/stainless steel tray.
>>
Just use cold water from the tap. Christ.
>>
>>9326038
Boil it straight from frozen at 100ÂșC for quick results and virtually no bacterial growth.
>>
>>9326064
I am. I just want to know if i can make it a little warmer.
>>
put it in the fridge and wait a couple days, do not immerse it in water. it will go rancid, quick and taste like crap.
>>
>>9326076
>do not immerse it in water. it will go rancid,
Wat? I'm cooking it today. They do this in restaurants (good ones too)
>>
File: 2s6q5iv.jpg (26KB, 500x670px) Image search: [Google]
2s6q5iv.jpg
26KB, 500x670px
*BRAAAPFFLFFLFLT*
>>
>>9326076
this guy's an idiot, do not listen to him.
>>
>>9326070
It depends on the thaw time required, bone in or deboned, but as an average I would generally advise to keep it south of 80F before proper cooking.
>>
>>9326129
Thanks.

They're drumsticks. How long do you think it will take?
>>
>>9326038
Depends on what you're using them for, for a stew you can just throw them right in or boil them then add
>>
>>9326179
On the BBQ
>>
>>9326189
You'll need to thaw them all the way, or the bones will still be frozen on the inside and the flesh will overcook and be dry as all fuck before the temperature at the center is decent enough to make it safe. You haven't got long at all now, so learn from this and think ahead next time.
Using warmer water really won't help because you'll start cooking the flesh and making it watery and poorly textured before the center is even starting to get thawed out.
I suppose you could poach them for 15-20 mins or so. keep the water undera boil and at a simmer and then straight onto the BBQ from there. as long as you're cooked all the way through you should be good to go.
People get so iffy about undercooked chicken and defrosting chicken - there's a truth to it, but as long as you know when it's cooked through you're good in most cases. Personally, I made a stew/fricassee the other week with chicken that wasn't fully defrosted and just gave it a little longer on the stove, but it's a different kettle of fish when it comes to grilling it.
TL;DR If you followed the advice form before about metal trays and running cold water you should be fine when it comes round to cooking it. Pass around a few beers and stall it another half hour if you can.
>>
>>9326262
I have it in room temp water and it's gone a little white on the outside. I think it will be done within the hour.
>>
Dumb niggers dont know to just put it in a snaplock bag so it doesn't get wet and then leave it in a bowl with warm water
>>
>>9326283
You mean doing exactly what I'm doing?
>>
Can get as warm as you want as long as you cook it
>>
>>9326143
Maybe 20 minutes from a state of full freeze. A squeeze should suffice to know if it's ready to fry. Just be sure to pat them dry before you drop and go.
>>
>>9326269
>gone a little white on the outside
that's the watery texture I was talking about. get it nice and dry afterwards with a clean towel.
(and toss that straight in the wash afterwards)
Are you using a sauce or a dry rub? Either way go heavy on it and you'll be good.
>>
>>9326405
Just chicken spice. They're on the grill now :)
>>
>>9326473
God speed, OP. Enjoy your chicken feast.
Also, post pics.
>>
>>9326562
No camera sorry.

Smothered in Jack Daniels BBQ sauce.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.