[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: grossly overrated food my city finally got a popeyes and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1497746603341.jpg (106KB, 720x560px) Image search: [Google]
1497746603341.jpg
106KB, 720x560px
ITT: grossly overrated food
my city finally got a popeyes and I decided to go there because I have been hearing nothing but good online about how it's so much better than kfc.

it's not, the chicken taste generic, I can go to any other resturuant and order fried chicken and it'll taste the same as popeyes, kfc however tastes unique. the gravy is worse than kfc as well. the only thing I think is superior is the fries which tastes fantastic at popeyes,

and in the end, kfc is also cheaper.
>>
i heard the mild chicken is boring shit but the spicy chicken is better than kfc. kfc is greasy trash, and i'm not someone who ever cares about shit being greasy but kfc in my town has zero quality control
>>
File: Bojangles-Logo_0.jpg (54KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bojangles-Logo_0.jpg
54KB, 800x600px
Bojangles beats Popeyes and KFC out of the window
>>
>>9319418
South Portland?
>>
>>9319567
up in canada
>>
>>9319567
South Portland Maine? Are you from Maine? Is it really like those Silent Hill games?
>>
>>9319418
I fucking hate popeye's. The chicken is dry, the breading is overwhelming, none of it has any real flavor except for salt, and the biscuits are legitimately the saltiest food I've ever eaten. Even the "spicy" chicken has next to no bite at all and mostly tastes like salt. The potatoes have no texture and the seasoned fries taste like a school lunch.
Their spicy sauce is the one thing I like, and it would probably be even better if I had something to dip in it other than dry salt-flavored chicken.
It's also always filled to the brim with lowlifes, even more than other cheap fast food places. It's worse than walmart.
>>
>>9319418
Agree on it being overrated. It has nothing special to distinguish it from KFC or whatever other places exist.
>>
The only thing to eat at Popeyes is the shrimp po'boy, and then only if you can't get po'boys anywhere else.
That fucking horrid chicken breading, Jesus wept
>>
>second anti-Popeyes thread in a week
Interesting. Smear campaign must be ran by a competitor
>>
>>9319425
Everything on the menu is better than its KFC counterpart except the biscuits and the biscuits are good enough
>>
>>9319427
Popeye's gravy is much better though.
>>
>>9319418
I really miss the onion rings from this place. The spicy chicken is good too but like others said it's just mainly salt and no bite. However, I vastly prefer it over KFC since KFC just tastes like shit barring the popcorn chicken a.k.a. discount BBC boneless nuggies.
>>
By itself popeyes chicken is boring. Cajun sparkle is what makes it better than the rest imo
>>
>>9319673
It's better than KFC at chicken, and better than LJS at shrimp, and has more side items than either. The red beans & rice are where it's at.
>>
>>9319618
>>>9319567 (You)
>South Portland Maine? Are you from Maine? Is it really like those Silent Hill games?
No, no it's not. It's like mass but with higher taxes.
>>
>>9319427
I had Bojangles once while I was driving up and down the east coast, I think I was in the Carolinas. It was so good that I turned around drove an extra 40 miles and had a second meal. Best fried chicken I've ever had.

I had it again a few years later and it was mediocre, more or less what I expect out of Popeye's or KFC. So now I don't know if it was just that one day I really wanted fried chicken and it hit the spot like nothing else or that one restaurant by the highway that had amazing chicken.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.