[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Restaurant Ranch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: b_1_q_0_p_0 (1).jpg (38KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
b_1_q_0_p_0 (1).jpg
38KB, 564x564px
Food workers of /ck/, what is your secret to making ranch dressing? It's always so much better than a bottle from the grocery store. Is it just a big tub that you water down, as I suspect? Tell me your dirty secrets!

>inb4 Amerifat
There is no cyber bullying allowed in this thread.
>>
>>9318699
It's the sugar. It's always been the sugar.
>>
I open the bottle, or I open google and type "ranch dressing recipes" into the search bar.
>>
>>9318699
oink oink amerilard.
>>
>>9318699
Use a ranch dressing dry packet except with good sour cream
>>
>>9318747
2nding this. It's also good made with plain yogurt in addition to, or instead of, the sour cream.

I also add extra fresh-cut chives or garlic chives. Dehydrated is passable if you don't have fresh on hand but fresh is much better.
>>
Where I worked that had really good ranch was packet Hidden Valley seasoning mix, buttermilk, and Kraft mayo mixed with an egg beater in big buckets.

I don't know what the ratio of each was as it wasn't my job to make it, but that's what went into it and nothing else, much better than bottled hidden valley
>>
>>9318699
>>9318747

I just so happened to write down our recipe at the last place I worked and it used those packets of hidden valley ranch. It's the best ranch I've tasted. not sure the weight of the packs, they were about the size of guys hand.

it's easiest to mix this with your Electric hand mixer. and you'll want to divide it by three if you can find those large packs of ranch seasoning.

3 packs of Ranch
64 oz Butter Milk
96 oz Mayo
32 oz Sour Cream
6 oz Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tblsp Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
1/2 Cup Chives
1 Lb of Powder Parm Cheese

this is definitely not low fat, the parm cheese makes it dynamite.
all those oz measurements are fluid oz.
Enjoy!
>>
>>9318699
Taco Johns house salad dressing is 1/2 Creamy Italian and 1/2 red hot sauce.

Better than ranch.
>>
When I worked at a country club with damn good ranch they would double the amount of hidden valley seasoning packets compared to the other ingredients.
>>
>>9318963
>all those oz measurements are fluid oz.
Including the sour cream as that is is always in oz, not fl oz.?
>>
>>9318703
Actually, it's the lack of sugar. Restaurant-made ranch doesn't use syrup as a thickener like the bottlers do.
>>
>>9319497
yes. it turns out to be the same weight and fluid oz with sour cream. I just checked mine in the fridge and the 1.5 lbs. container has 22 2tbsp servings which equals 24 fl. oz.
>>
Shelf stable ranch is always shit tier. Lots of lower end and chain restaurants ranch is better than the grocery store bottles because it has to be kept refrigerated. You can find this better ranch in the produce department, it is usually in glass jars and is refrigerated.
>>
>>9318699
in reference to >>9318963
if you do go with this recipe, I found the ranch packs are 3.2 ounce by weight per pack and if you do the numbers for the recipe I gave. you'll get like 3.5 gallons. so you might want to divide all the ingredients by 6 or 8. just know the recipe calls for a total of 9.6 oz by weight of ranch seasoning.
>>
I know this is a ranch dressing recipe post but how do they make amazing restaurant blue cheese as well? The bottled versions are always so shitty. If anyone especially has the Chili's blue cheese recipe I'd be thankful.
>>
>>9318699
Buttermilk, mayonnaise, and hidden valley seasoning are all we use.

t. employee at Jet's pizza
>>
>28oz of dry ranch seasoning
>6L of buttermilk
>30lbs of mayo
>Blend together to make creamy ranch
>>
>>9318699
>ranch

Ah
>>
>>9318699
Its blue cheese or you can go fuck your mother
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.