[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Salt plates: just a meme or do you actually get added flavor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: salt.jpg (82KB, 1000x670px) Image search: [Google]
salt.jpg
82KB, 1000x670px
Salt plates: just a meme or do you actually get added flavor benefits over salting manually?

I was thinking about buying one just to try it out but they're kind of pricey for what could be a gimmick.
>>
>>9318041
Gonna go ahead and say gimmick even though this is the first time I've seen them.
>>
i hear they're amazing for steaks. idk what else though
>>
they keep heat like crazy and are genuinely good for cooking on, the thing is you can't heat them up too quickly or they'll crack so getting it hot takes an hour or two
>>
Oh come on.
>>
I saw some in a restaurant menu the day before yesterday and thought of /ck/.
I went to another place, so I can't say how they are.
>>
>>9318076
How many uses are they usually good for if you treat them with care? Do you need to rinse and/or scrape them afterwards?
>>
>>9318142
you treat them like cast iron basically, rinse off with hot water and remove any stuck pieces of food.

as far as uses go, most people use them as a table grill sort of thing. whenever we throw a social we heat a couple of them up and place on the tables for people to grill up meats and vegetables on, it's pretty popular

taste wise they're nothing amazing. it's a piece of salt you can fry stuff on, it won't magically make things taste good

they're fairly expensive so i wouldn't actually recommend anyone get one unless you know why you need it
>>
>>9318041
Do you actually think the word meme is a synonym for fad?
>>
>>9318489
fads are memes. memes are any unit of culture or whatever
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.