[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain dishes others fk up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2224.jpg (385KB, 2125x1411px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2224.jpg
385KB, 2125x1411px
I tried to make gnocci five times but they end up mushy and tasteless. Tell me how it's done.

Please share and get help from more experienced cucks.
>>
Gnocci cooks extremely fast, you might have just overcooked it. When they start to float they are done, but you want to catch it right before this happens/just as it starts to take place because they'll keep cooking a bit after the heat is off while you move the pasta to strain it.
>>
Potato gnocchi aren't too difficult.
Mash some potatoes, plain. No salt. No dairy. No nothing. Just potatoes, mashed. That's it.
Get 500g of the mash and add three-to-four eggs to it.
Add strong white flour or fine semolina flour a little at a time until a workable dough is made. The amount needed will vary according to a few factors, namely what constitutes "strong flour" where you live, the moisture of your mash and the relative humidty. Just keep adding until it "feels" right.
Knead to achieve the proper texture.
Roll into long dough-snakes then cut into tiny pillows of dough.
Scrape each pillow gently with the tines of a fork to achieve the ridged form if you don't own the proper utencil for it.
I highly recommend drying the gnocchi for a bit before use, at least an hour and up to overnight/eight hours.

Variations: blanch, shock, drain and squeeze 100ish g of fresh spinach of excess liquid then run through the blender with the eggs. Add this spinachy egg mixture to the mash and proceed otherwise as normal.
Swapping some of the potato for carrot or European pumpkin (which is not as sweet as American pumkin) is also nice, but may require the addition of potato flour.
Talking of which, mash made from potato flour is infinitely easier to handle than mash made from fresh potato. Combine 100g potato flour and 400ml water to make 500g mash, perfect for the instructions above.
>>
>>9317291
Good advice
>>9317291
Great advice

Thank you guys
>>
>>9317389
>thanks one post twice
>"thanks guys!"
wut
i wanna know which is the good post and which is the great one
>>
File: IMG_2116.jpg (73KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2116.jpg
73KB, 604x604px
>>9317423
Sry the long was better.
Now. How do you make pizza dough that wont get holes in it.
>>
>>9317271
Get a ricer, don't mash as other dope says...
>>
>>9317432
Use atheist dough.
>>
>>9317271
Gnocchi isn't an exact science, like most things involving cooking. Only thing that requires exact measurements are cooking things that require chemical reactions, like breads.

I don't even measure out the flour, just know what I need based on sight and experience, if it gets too dry add a little bit of water. Knead for a bit and form dough rolls and cut into squares.

You should knead it while it's warm for better consistency. After cutting your dough lightly press them to make little pillow shapes. Toss into boiling water until they float.

To make them crispy, yet have a soft center I toss them immediately into a pan and fry until both sides are nice and brown. I think make a nice garlic butter sauce and cover them all.
>>
>>9317423
I think he meant to thank the post after
>>
>>9318292
4/10 for effort
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.