[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hatch green chilis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 20170817_121123.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170817_121123.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Who likes these?
>>
>>9313880
Hands down the best chili.
>>
>>9313918
Expensive?
>>
>>9313922
Honestly, I can't recall. I used to live in AZ and NM. They've been hard to find since I moved to NY.
>>
>>9313922
Nope, cheap as chips, you buy them in season by the gunny sack and a mexican roasts the whole bushel right in front of you.
>>
>>9313880
I like them, and I get them when they're in season, but I don't consider them to be anything super special. I like the greens but I actually prefer the red ones.

>>9313922
Not the guy you're replying to, but in my area (TX) they're either unavailable (when not in season) or they're very cheap and widely available when they are in season.
>>
>>9314016
>prefer the red ones.
Commie
>>
>>9314009
>AZ and NM.
I went on a vision quest in navajo country last year. Turns out my spirit burger is the green chile cheese.
>>
Fuck off, Bobby Flay.
>>
>>9314038
The McDonald's double w/green chilis? That how to do it mang. New Yorkers don't know about that shit. You can't even get your been and cheese, from taco bell, made with green sauce.
>>
>>9314031
Green is the new pink, anon.
>>
>>9314081
Red is a tomato. NOt a chili
>>
File: Green Chili Burger with potato.png (670KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Green Chili Burger with potato.png
670KB, 800x533px
>>9314081
>>
>>9314015
This. But I live in Colorado. It's a big thing due to proximity. If you live in a region that can't grow these en masse, then it probably will be more expensive. That said, I don't slather everything in green chili like they do in feather country.
>>
>>9313880
what do you do with them, how do you prepare them, can you use them in salsa/pico and how spicy are they?

I'm returning to AZ tomorrow, Ive never used a single hatch chili before
>>
File: 250px-Newmexicochiles.jpg (17KB, 250x194px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Newmexicochiles.jpg
17KB, 250x194px
>>9314688
You roast them then peal the skin of with out ripping it. Then you can dry them and crush them to powder for sauce. Or just eat them as is, on a burger or burrito. You could cut them up and put them in picante. Check out Arriba New Mexican Style Grill in Scottsdale. Order the carnitas plate or Whites and chimi.
>>
>>9313880
Literally the best thing about living in NM. I have withdrawals when I travel for extended periods of time.
>>
>>9314720
Whitesands chimichanga *
>>
I like the Hatch products HEB brings out every year, but I never tried cooking from scratch with them.
>>
>>9314688
Stuff with cheese and fry.
make sauce
chop them up and put on burgers/sandwiches
>>
I like the Cowhorns more, i make a damn good chili powder from them
>>
>>9314720
so you HAVE to roast them for any flavor? Is only the skin used? are you discarding the seeds?

everything in snobsdale seems so overpriced, my gradschool debt is high as it is, ill keep that in mind though

>>9314745
when you make sauce, do you roast and chop up? roast and blend? I'm looking for a more spoonfed solution here because I've literally never roasted any peppers (always kept my japapenos fresh), and have never used a single hatch chili in my life, although there's always plenty of them around
>>
File: VV18-deltaV_s.jpg (51KB, 468x300px) Image search: [Google]
VV18-deltaV_s.jpg
51KB, 468x300px
>>9314130
>feather country.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>9314806
You could cut them up raw to put on a sub or something. I would keep the raw for a pizza topping, or something.
When you roar it you peel the skin off and discard it. The skins turn into a hard crust that you can't really eat anymore.
Arribas also has locations near Arrowhead mall, Auatukee, and in the Arcadia distric. 24th st and Camekback, I think.
Bear in mind that I moved like, 8 years ago. And haven't eaten one for 5 years, but if they're not still great, that would really be dissapointing.
>>
>>9314806
I like to leave the seeds and white part in, but that might be too hot for people. If you take the guts out of jalapeƱos, you'll want to do that here as well. They're a bit spicier.
>>
Bumb
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.