[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Table Coasters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: I googled best table coaster.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
I googled best table coaster.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
What's the best type of coaster (wood, plastic, etc.) and what is the worst? I'm currently thinking of buying some basic wooden ones, but maybe there are better options.
>>
>>9313537
Cork, but any wooden coaster absorbs moisture and any plastic one collects it. If it's wood it will eventually mold, if it's plastic it will become an annoyance quickly because the water collects and needs to be dumped.

Kind of a catch 22.
>>
Take this thread to /diy/ ples
>>
>>9313537
I just steal the ones they give you at bars. Sometimes there are stacks on each table, easy to grab.
>>
Cork over rubber
>>
>>9313537

My mother uses bamboo coasters. They look nice, clean easily, and are durable. I highly recommend them, just not for myself because they don't match the aesthetic of my apartment.

I've got both cork and ceramic tile coasters right now. Cork is great because you can double them up and use them as trivets for hot pans and stuff just like the ones in your picture. They don't clean easily though. When you do wash them, you can't lay them flat to dry and forget about them because they'll still be wet on the side that lays flat. The drying process also takes a while.

Ceramic tile coasters look really nice and neat. They clean easily and have no drying time when you wash them, but they can break if you drop things on top of them.

I've also used those shitty cardboard coasters like the ones from bars. You go through them fast because they get dirty easily and can't be cleaned.
>>
Stone coasters are pretty good. Mine are sandstone with cork pads below; slate would also be nice.
>>
>>9313893
This

Sometimes you can get like 200 Victory brewing coasters to set out which last for months? Need more? Do it again.

>inb4 poor nigger

Like I would spend money on dumb shit like coasters that I would just need to re-buy.
>>
File: 51GKvl6HGbL.01_SL500_.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51GKvl6HGbL.01_SL500_.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
I have had lots of different kinds of coasters over the years, if your coaster has to look nice cork or slate are good choices, however cheap paper coasters for parties are great.
As long as you don't car about looks the best coasters I own are silicone like in Ops pic but they have little bumps like pic related they elevate the drinks from any perspiration and are very easy to clean along with being difficult to destroy.
>>
>>9313537
I have wooden ones, don't. They were all warped when they came and it's annoying as shit.
>>
>>9313537
Cork. With a lip, so nothing escapes.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.