[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brining Chicken Breasts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: brine.jpg (38KB, 560x315px) Image search: [Google]
brine.jpg
38KB, 560x315px
When I first brined some chicken breasts, just some water, a little salt and sugar for 24 hours, the difference was incredible, especially in fried chicken.

Now Im wondering what flavors or things work well in a brine.

Zest? Cut peppers? Black pepper?
>>
>>9312947
Garlic and onoin powder work good
>>
>>9312947
Most meats take well to brining. I've heard about people brining fish too, not sure about shellfish though.

I like to brine my onions before making onion rings.
>>
Google "water soluble spices". There are few твн
>>
doesn't it leave the chicken a bit watery
>>
>>9313037
No?
>>
>>9312947
Add apple cider vinegar, about a cup, trust me.
>>
>>9312947
IPA for the aussie favourite paremsan chicken
>>
Wen making a brine, what percent concentration should the salt be? 1%? 2%? Every recipe I've seen measures in tablespoons of a given brand of kosher salt per gallon, which is a ridiculous system. Just tell me the damn concentration
>>
>>9313008
CookingInRussia's shrimp recipe involves brining them in knorr shrimp stock with bay leaves and other stuff.

I don't find it necessary with high quality shrimp though
>>
>>9313037
No, but if you brine it for way too long it can make the texture rubbery.
>>
>>9313172
Depends on exactly what you want to achieve with the brine. Modernist Cuisine can answer your question much better than I can. Find yourself a copy or PDF and read the section on brines.
>>
>>9313172
A few litres of water, I use maybe 2-3 teaspoons, equal sugar amount, because I brine for 24 hours, using greater amounts of salt makes the chicken salty.
>>
>>9313194
2nding this.

As a real quick summary, there are two techniques mentioned. One method is to weigh your meat and the water you're using then calculate out the correct % of salt to use so that the ideal % of salt is reached at equilibrium. The nice thing about this method is that it's impossible to over-brine the meat. You can leave it in the brine for days and it will never get too salty.

The other method is to make a stronger brine solution and then control the level of brining based on how long you leave the meat in the brine. This works faster than the above method, but if you leave the meat in too long then it can get too salty.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.