[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this shit not poison?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

File: CokeZero_12.png (198KB, 300x515px) Image search: [Google]
CokeZero_12.png
198KB, 300x515px
How is this shit not poison?
>>
>>9312897
because none of the ingredients contained within it are at a high enough dosage to kill or cause a disturbance at the cellular level
>>
>>9312897
>having absolutely no knowledge of chemical engineering and food production
>derr I'm a dumb hick from some flyover and everything I don't understand is poison
>>
File: czwd.png (126KB, 1648x945px) Image search: [Google]
czwd.png
126KB, 1648x945px
>>9312897
How is it poison? All these countries seem to deem it safe enough, the burden of proof is on you right now sweetie
>>
File: 1466497682898.jpg (33KB, 224x494px) Image search: [Google]
1466497682898.jpg
33KB, 224x494px
This shit right here is a life saver during my cutting period. Also, why the fuck didn't we invent 0kc food yet.
>>
>>9312912
>Arsenic is good for you! Ye Olde Doctore says so! Quit your whining mark!
>>
>>9312897

How is it?
>>
>>9312914
shirataki noodles have 0kcal
>>
>>9312942
Where to buy them in EU?
>>
>>9312906
>>>/r/iamverysmart
>>
>>9312914
>why the fuck didn't we invent 0kc food yet.
i guess i shouldn't be surprised a /fit/fag doesn't understand why we eat food.
>>
>>9312922
not the same
>>
File: IMG_2815.jpg (26KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2815.jpg
26KB, 450x450px
>>9312914
We do
>>
File: IMG_2816.jpg (49KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2816.jpg
49KB, 450x450px
Delicious calorie free pasta sauce
>>
File: 5038417109_4a9a95aa47_o.jpg (178KB, 450x675px) Image search: [Google]
5038417109_4a9a95aa47_o.jpg
178KB, 450x675px
>>9312983
I want to eat clean and good with 0kc sweet binges in between, fatso

>>9313021
>>9313023
I don't think toppings can satisfy cravings. I was thinking about stuff like 0kc biscuits or ice cream.
>>
>>9312949
My grocery store has them. I'm from the Netherlands
>>
>>9313034
>he doesn't have the willpower to overcome his cravings
you'll never be /fit/, fatso
>>
File: 2fxYx.jpg (160KB, 1015x465px) Image search: [Google]
2fxYx.jpg
160KB, 1015x465px
>>9313067
dyel
>>
I am literally drinking it right now. What is wrong with it? It fizzles and scares me now.
>>
>>9312914
what the fuck is the point of zero calorie food? nibba just don't eat
>>
>>9312897
i remember a few years ago when people started thinking the coca zero give you cancer.

So they stopped selling it in 1st world country and send eveything to 3rd worlders like me.
Some time later they discovered it was a lie from the media to make people not drink coca cola's new product
and now it's sold everywhere again
>>
>>9313384
do you not like shit that tastes good or
>>
>>9313075
Joe Rogain looking SWOLE AF
>>
>>9313384
>what the fuck is the point of masturbation
>what the fuck is the point of beverages containing diuretics like caffeine and alcohol
at the end of the day we are piles of really, really sloppy biochemical logic which react to the second-order stimuli of what actually benefits us

we want to breed, but it is enforced by liking having our cock rubbed
we want to hydrate, but it is encouraged by a reward-sensation for any liquid, even seawater, going down the throat
we want to store enough energy, but it is encouraged by a reward-sensation for greasy things in the mouth even if spit out followed by heavy things in the stomach even if indigestible bulk

just like we jerk off for that "just fucked" dopamine because we were never meant to be secure enough that every ejaculation could survive to adulthood and would end up starving to death for lack of resources, there's nothing wrong with having tasty indigestible bulk for the "just gorged" dopamine hit because we were never meant to be in a situation where we had more food than we knew what to do with.
>>
>>9314284
>there's nothing wrong with having tasty indigestible bulk for the "just gorged" dopamine hit because we were never meant to be in a situation where we had more food than we knew what to do with.

In principle, sure. But why not choose to get that dopamine hit from something that's not absurdly expensive for what it is and won't give you cancer either? Why choose an energy drink over something else that achieves the same benefit without the drawbacks?
>>
Reason I love diet soda is cause... Well I love soda, but it doesn't go too well with type one diabetes, and diet soda has no carbs to worry about. It's relaxing to just drink or eat something and not have to do insulin or check your bloodsugar.
>>
>>9314292
I recently saw a bit on the news about how some artificial sweeteners can influence insulin release, is that true?
>>
>>9314308
Maybe, I have not done the research on that particular front, but I can say if it influences it in a negative way it could be bad for those with type 2 diabetes, as with type one you don't have any cells producing insulin at all, which is why you inject it.

However overall I notice no change in blood sugar when I drink most diet beverages or eat most artificially sweetened foods.
>>
>>9314321
What about if you eat a ton of protein but no carbs? is it true after a certain amount of protein your body converts the excess into glucose?
>>
>>9314362
Steaks and meats don't seem to change bloodsugar at all even being filled with protein, but that is also a natural protein. I've never ate tons of nonmeat protein without many carbs.

So sorry to say that is pretty inconclusive.
>>
>>9314390
Thanks. Just curious.
>>
File: 1487177933433.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1487177933433.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>9314390
I've never understood why Type 2 diabetics don't just do low carb or no carb diets? Atkins or whatever the current name is. Seems like if they just didn't eat carbs their insulin resistance would clear up, or at least their blood sugar levels would be stable.

I'm no doctor though.
>>
>>9312914
holy shit I didn't know dudes got this ripped in olden times
>>
>>9314421
That's about what type two diabetics do. The ones that take care of themselves atleast, people who don't really care continue to eat carbs constantly.

Most type two diabetics low carb for a few weeks and then are about normal for a few week no matter what they eat.

You can clear it up temporarily.
>>
File: IMG_6958.jpg (71KB, 451x619px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6958.jpg
71KB, 451x619px
>>9314442
So why isn't the first thing a doctor says to a type 2 is eat a no carb diet? Or do they?
>>
>>9312914
When you can't digest what you are eating you shit it out. 0kcal foods tend to cause diarrhea.
Olestra is a famous example.

Olestra is still used today and there are some fat replacers useful in baking close to market. Sugar has pretty much been figured out by this point too.
The real breakthrough will be with something that can replace flour in baked goods.
>>
>>9312897
It lacks cherry and E & J
>>
>>9314614
Sorry it took awhile to get back.
Usually hen diagnosed with type two you are given medicine that makes your body absorb insulin like normal, however considering you still have insulin in your body it can make the blood sugar unstable, which can be dangerous
>>
>>9316863
No worries, thanks for the response. So they give you that medicine to help absorb insulin, and then if you went on a low carb diet you might get too low of blood sugar levels?

It just seems crazy to me when they give type 2 diabetics insulin, since the disease is apparently "insulin resistance". It seems to be like giving MORE insulin would just make the patient more insulin resistant over time.

Maybe a bad analogy, but, a heroin addict takes 0.5g of heroin per day (pulling number out of my ass, I have no idea how much heroin addicts take), then after some time their body becomes resistant too it / ultra efficient at metabolizing it, so then they need to take more and the cycle of huge doses progresses.

So now you take some guy that has been on a high sugar and carb diet for a very long time and develops type 2 diabetes / insulin resistance, and they give him more insulin when the problem is that he has had too much? Seems like he needs to taper off insulin rather than have more.
>>
>>9312905
f _ p _ b _ p
>>
>>9317036
Difference between heroin and insulin is that everybody needs insulin to not die, so tapering isn't really an option there.
>>
File: apu-hm.png (27KB, 741x609px) Image search: [Google]
apu-hm.png
27KB, 741x609px
>>9317041
Right, but the analogy was more about tolerance. So the type 2 diabetics are tolerant to insulin because they've been bombarding their bodies with sugar. It's like a drug addict who needs more and more heroin because their current dose isn't working anymore. That's what giving a type 2 insulin seems like to me.

They need to lose weight, and insulin makes people gain weight.

Insulin allows glucose into the cells, and when the cells get overfilled with glucose then the body isn't able to deliver them anymore so the glucose piles up and creates high blood sugar levels. So the solution of giving more insulin to someone seems like it would just FORCE that excess sugar into the cells rather than what the patient needs to do: eat less sugar and carbs and "taper" off.

So sounds like step one is they put you on some medication that tries to dissipate the sugar, then that works for some time until it doesn't anymore and then you end up on insulin. Over a period of years, they went from pre-diabetes, to diabetes, to taking one medication, then two then three and then finally large doses of insulin. So if you are taking more and more medications to keep your blood sugars at the same level, your diabetes is getting worse. Even if your blood sugars get better, your diabetes is getting worse.

Makes zero sense to me. Seems like what they should tell people with type 2 to do is lay off the fucking carbs and sugar and go on some Atkins diet or whatever the zero carb or almost no carb diets are called now.
>>
>>9317041
>>9317066
...And again I should say that I'm not a doctor and don't think all doctors are retarded so there is probably a perfectly legit reason why no carb diets wouldn't reserve type 2 diabetes, but, I don't understand it and certainly don't see how insulin helps the situation.
>>
>>9312897
It is though. Do some research on aspartame. Basically when aspartame first came out in the 60s under the name Nutrasweet it was approved by the FDA on the basis of studies that were conducted by G. D. Searle & Company who invented aspartame and sold it. A few years later Neurologist Dr. John Olney showed in studies that Aspartam and Aspartate increases development and malignancy of brain tumors. After those studies came out the FDA did internal research on the substance and concluded that aspartame was not fit for human consumption and a huge health risk. Donald Rumsfeld who served as CEO, and then as President, of Searle between 1977 and 1985 changed the whole personell of the FDA shortly after Reagan was elected as he was part of the transitional government. So all of the findings the FDA had made where wiped under the table and soon after Reagan took office in the early 80s the American market was flooded with diet products containing aspartame. The European Medicines Agency soon after that followed suit and allowed aspartame. To this day all governmental health organization still base their decisions on the studies that were first conducted by Searle. Searle and Nutrasweet were bought by Monsanto in 1985 btw. A survey in the 90s of the worlds medical literature on aspartame found that out of 164 medical publications on aspartame in peer reviewed journals 74 were funded by the aspartame industry. All these 74 funded publications said that aspartame was harmless while the rest independently conducted studies showed neurological risks to vulnerable people with symptoms such as: Headaches, sleeplessness, seizures, depression, panic attacks etc. You can find original the report that has been done by the FDA and been dismissed by the new compromised FDA. just google "The Bressler Report" Also google the Ramazzini institute who is completely independently funded and does research on environmental causes of cancer.

tldr: it's poison
>>
>>9317251
I haven't time to perform trials
but can you or anyone comment on the anti bacterial properties of aspertame?
would aspertame be useful as a cleaning agent?
>>
>>9317263
why? sourcing pure aspartame would be much more difficult then just using rubbing alcohol.
>>
I don't understand how anyone can even tolerate drinking this stuff. It tastes like chemical waste to me.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.