[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are fermented foods actually good for your stomach?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: kraut.jpg (52KB, 540x435px) Image search: [Google]
kraut.jpg
52KB, 540x435px
Are fermented foods actually good for your stomach?
>>
Go eat a bunch of 'kraut and kimchi and other stuff like that. Tell us what happens in a few hours/weeks/etc.
>>
>>
>>9310885
Is this actually true, though? I've seen a lot of people shit on this, but they also tend to be euphoric skeptic/libertarian types.
>>
File: pacman-frog.jpg (159KB, 1280x853px)
pacman-frog.jpg
159KB, 1280x853px
>>9310877
not sure about fermented foods but...

If you want to prevent/cure stomach ulcers eat broccoli

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2002/05/28/study-touts-broccoli-to-fight-ulcers-cancer/e2723275-0b4c-458f-8adc-3d4995060c9c/?utm_term=.16be0938b8b3
>>
>>9310893
It is true, but not nearly to the extent that holistic hipsters will claim.
>>
>>9310877
don't they cause stomach cancer?
>>
>>9310945
So does red meat.
>>
>>9310945
>>9310953
The right amount of literally any and everything will give you cancer.
>>
>>9310963
yes but fermented food will do it more than non-fermented food.
>>
>>9310893

I've seen lots of people agree with it but they tend to be the types that sell kilner jars.
>>
>>9310969
Yeah, on one hand I've got soccer mom's telling me how it's God's gift to man (in between anecdotes about their kids) and on the other I've got fedora-lords telling me that your Grandma is a literal retard for believing in home remedies.
>>
>>9310877
Pro-bionics how do they work?
>>
Just my own anecdote, I've noticed my shits getting better from eating a lot of greek yogurt over the last couple months. Think I've been killing my flora with alcohol.
>>
>>9310877
is cannabis oil a miracle cure for cancer and many other terminal illnesses?
>>
>>9311020
One time a stoner really annoyed me and I know normies smoke the herbal jew at their twerking sex parties, so I don't care. It should be illegal.
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (15KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault (2).jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>9310996
>pro-bionics
Do you take these while transitioning to cyborg?
>>
>>9311035
beep boop
>>
>>9311020
Who ever told you that lied. Marijuana is supposed to help with the pain of cancer, it doesn't actually kill the cancerous tumors in your body.
>>
It's good for my stomach in that I like to eat it if that's what you mean.
>>
>>9311035
>>
>Okay so some of this might be familiar this is just going to be aimed at someone without knowledge at all

The brunt of the bacteria in your GI tract is in the small and large intestines -- few can survive the acidic conditions of the stomach. You see more and more bacteria in the small intestine as you go further and it becomes less acidic, and more in the large intestine.

In the intestines, bacteria present break down food, and in turn excrete vitamins and other byproducts. The vitamins and other useful material can then be absorbed by the body. Some bacteria such as C. Diff produce toxin which in turn can cause inflammation of the intestine, but in a healthy person these should be held in check by the other bacteria present to the point that their actions are inconsequential.

Fermented foods are chock full of bacteria with two potential health benefits. 1) The bacteria present can produce vitamins or some other beneficial byproduct or 2) at the very least they crowd out the bastard bacteria like C. Diff.

I know that kefir (aka fermented milk which makes slav big and strong) has a shitload of probiotic bacteria in it, and similar if not the same bacterial strains you find in the commercial probiotics. These strains are capable of surviving the stomach and colonizing the intestines with the aforementioned benefits. Yogurt also has strains that can make it through.
>>
>>9311016
Seconding this. When I've got kimchi or sauerkraut in the house I can do actual brown, solid shits. When I don't the alcohol means I just spray green goo out my ass.
>>
>>9311089
Actually, some studies have shown that marijuana metabolite in the blood helps reduce the spread of cancer cells.
Not to mention, cannibus help counteract most of shitty effects of chemo, so there's at least that.
>>
I love making lacto fermented pickles but they sometimes give me angry diarrhea
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.