[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kitchen remodel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (46KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
46KB, 1000x1000px
I'm in the process of a kitchen remodel, what does /CK/ think of using pic related instead of normal cabinets they are cheaper than MDF cabinets from the box stores. I would be placing a 36x24 prep table on ether side of the gas range.
>>
I mean you do you glen coco but I imagine it's not going to improve your homes resale value if that matters to you.
>>
File: 0427morismoreno.jpg (86KB, 700x463px) Image search: [Google]
0427morismoreno.jpg
86KB, 700x463px
I think it's dumb.
Some stainless shelving might be ok for the upper cabinets but not for the lower.
>>
>>9302587
I like where they placed the microwave.
>>
>>9302586
It's paid for, I may rent it out in the future, in that case I would install normie cabinets.
>>
>>9302558
I think it'd be great if you have aesthetically pleasing dishes, good organization skills and nice containers. Otherwise, it'd be a pain in the ass and look cluttered with no place to hide junky stuff. It would be nice to have stainless surfaces next to the stove. I'd do it, but take into account I'm a single guy with nice things. I'm sure my exes would have been pissed if I put those in because they look too industrial.
>>
>>9302558
They look like they are open at the bottom and therefore a pain in the ass to clean. But I'm a sucker for stainless steel so maybe something more high quality?
>>
File: ss cabinets.jpg (138KB, 622x415px) Image search: [Google]
ss cabinets.jpg
138KB, 622x415px
>>9302558
you can get base cabinets that have doors on them.
>>
>>9302558
If you're all about practicality, then those are good, go for it. You're remodeling a kitchen though, that implies a home you own. In that case, you have think about resale value. When you're selling your house, buyers will re-paint the master bedroom and living room, maybe put in some new carpet, but the one thing buyers don't want to be bothered with is re-doing a kitchen or bathrooms.

Why? Because they're not glamour projects. Buyers want to invite their friends over to their new house and show off the living room and bed rooms they remodeled. Guests aren't impressed by your shelves, or how fancy your toilet is. If you want a house you can sell later on, get the kitchen and bathrooms up to speed. You can get a higher price if that shit is done, and your buyer can just play around with the living room and beds.
>>
>>9302558
If you're talking about a restaurant remodel, then fuck yes, go for it. In a restaurant kitchen you want practicality. Absolutely everything should be on fucking wheels, so you can pull it out and mop underneath it daily.
>>
>>9302558
Looks like shit with all your stuff strewn about
>>
>>9305796
Bullshit, bathrooms are top tier show off material. You are crafting one of the few spaces in your home that guests are socially allowed to lock themselves in alone, you'd better believe that soccermom from down the street or my drunk ass is going to look around, even if it is just a cursory examination while sitting on the toilet. If your bathroom is low quality, you are low quality.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.