[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Food Lion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

What was the thought process behind this name? I'm so confused.
>>
>what do we sell?
food
>what's the best animal?
lion
>>
>>9301870
I would totally shop there
>>
>>9301878
Eh, they're okay. Food Lions are one step above poorfag-tier.
>>
>>9301870
Idk but that's an aestheticc logo

only seen food Lion in flyover land upstate NY a long time ago
>>
>>9301870
i don't know but they have good prices and I buy stuff there
>>
>>9301874
lion is a great animal. hard to say which animal is best though.
>>
>>9301900
They're all over North Carolina.
>>
>>9301924
>food ape
>food camel
>food rabbit
nah food lion is pretty much the best
>>
File: 3598824252_3b4f9ff3bd_o.jpg (762KB, 2304x3072px) Image search: [Google]
3598824252_3b4f9ff3bd_o.jpg
762KB, 2304x3072px
>>9301870
>>
>>9302172

Mountain Lion?
Dude thats beyond stupid.
>>
>>9301870
They used to be called Food Town and either got bought out and renamed or had to be renamed because of ownership of the name or something like that. This was in the 80s
>>
>>9302192
y
>>
>>9302208
So because of all that they decided to name themselves Food Lion?
>>
>>9302165
They could've been like Food Bear, or Food Tiger, or maybe even Food Wolf. These sound way cooler.
>>
>>9302218
Yes! Just fuckin whacky huh?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_Lion
>>
>>9302277

>The name change, while puzzling for American customers, made economic and historic sense

... I guess
>>
File: SNOOT SNOOT.gif (1023KB, 340x236px) Image search: [Google]
SNOOT SNOOT.gif
1023KB, 340x236px
>>9301874
you were crose
>>
>>9301870
because lions like to eat and when you go there you wanna eat like a lion so you shop more.
>>
>>9302165
Food sloth sounds comfy and tad bit cheeky to me.
>>
>>9302165
>food sea cucumber
>food roach
>food bobbit worm
Yeah, they just don't roll of the tongue like lion.
>>
Lion sounds like "line" in Southern Drawl. I always assumed they meant Food Line, but some Yankee misheard the PR guy.

Piggy Wiggly is a way better po' folk supermarket, anyhow. I'm sticking (with) the pig.
>>
>>9302381
Piggly Wiggly is another awful name.
>>
>>9302381
Publix is the only respectable southern supermarket.
>>
>>9302391
>Publix
When I was a teenager, this just sounded too much like that new word "pubics"....I still double-take in my head when I read and say it.
>>
>>9302429
Would you shop at a store called Pubix?
>>
>>9302391
Agreed. That's were I preferred to shop. But if yous looking for the cheapest chitlins, ham hock, fatback, trotters and such, and if you plan on wearing your housecoat and rollers whilst shopping, then you're not looking for a respectable supermarket. You're looking for Piggly Wiggly, Food Lion, and Winn Dixie (are they even still around?)

In truth, if you want soul food ingredients Piggly/Food Lion type places are more likely to have a better product that turns quicker (and so is fresher). Nobody is buying that lonely tub of pig intestines sitting in the back of the meat fridge at Publix.
>>
File: Delhaize_logo.svg.png (57KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Delhaize_logo.svg.png
57KB, 1200x1200px
>>9301870
?
>>
>>9301870
cause they be lie'n about the quality of their food. But since they already told you before you entered the store, you cant sue. Its a jew thing.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.