[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coffee virginity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: X_d0d8225c.jpg (17KB, 430x286px) Image search: [Google]
X_d0d8225c.jpg
17KB, 430x286px
/ck/,

I come seeking recommendations. I have never had coffee. I just never got into it. As a kid, it bothered me how a lot of adults seemed dependent on it in order to function during the day, so years went by and I just never tried it.

However, I am interested in losing my coffee virginity. But I don't want my first coffee to be just any coffee. I don't want it to be shit-tier coffee from Burger King or something. But I don't want it to be fancy, strained-through-monkey-shit, spend-your-life-savings-on-a-cup stuff either. I just want it to be a good example of good coffee. I want it to be like the stuff that Dale Cooper drinks at the R&R.

And one more rule: It must be good black. I refuse to add sugar or cream to it in order to make it good. I want to taste coffee as what it is.

So what do you recommend? Where should I go?
>>
Get an Aero-Press. About $20USD and makes a fantastic, smooth americano. Way better and less bitter than drip coffee
>>
>>9301184
Damnit man he said no cream (cum applies).
>>
>>9301159
Coffee is an acquired taste. Losing your "coffee virginity" is almost certainly going to be unpleasant, especially with your autismo no cream or sugar policy despite never even having tasted the stuff with either.

My honest advice, even though you might not like it, is to start with normie coffee like bottled Starbuck's frappucinos, decide if you like coffee at the base of what it is and then branch out from there. I'm a dark roast drinker myself, I'd recommend you try it out once you start broadening your coffee horizons.
>>
>>9301159
You are probably not gonna like it the first time. I'd suggest having something like a latte or cappuccino first and then slowly moving to black coffee. However if you want it to be black your fist time you can go for an Aeropress or a Chemex coffe in a local brew bar, even a French Press would do. I wouldn't suggest buying anything first unless you are sure what's the method you like the most
>>
>>9301159
Coffee tastes like ass until your brain convinces itself that it likes caffeine enough to tolerate the flavor. And that takes more than one cup. You're in for a disappointment.
>>
Start with instant coffee and find out how you you like your coffee. No point in spending $100 on /ck/ advertisements right away. Progress into drip, french, moka, etc. later
>>
>>9301159
You're gonna want a coarse ground Mexican light roast brewed properly in a french press with the right temperature water. This will yield a sweet, rich, nutty tasting with cocoa overtones and a full, round mouthfeel. This is an excellent beginner coffee and will give you a pleasant and not-too-neckbeardy introductory experience
>>
File: muh coffee.png (169KB, 636x433px) Image search: [Google]
muh coffee.png
169KB, 636x433px
>>9301159
I too was an autistic "black only" meme lord when I started drinking coffee. It didn't taste all that great, honestly. Like everyone else has said, it's an acquired taste. If you wanna just drink black coffee until you like it, go for it - that's what I did.
>>
>>9301253
>I only drink Folgers
Do you eat a well done shit cut of steak and then tell everyone that all steak is bad and people only eat it because they're addicted to protein?
>>
>>9301159
don't bother with it you're better off steering clear
>>
>>9301159
>losing my coffee virginity
you're not clever or interesting

>Where should I go?
back to le reddit
>>
>>9301159
First you love the caffeine. Then you love the taste. It's not the other way round.
>>
>>9301333
Nice trips, cunt.
>>
>>9301159
McDonalds literally spent millions of dollars doing market research and food science to develop a coffee that will appeal to the largest swath of customers. For your first time, and I can't believe I'm saying it, Go with McDicks
If that sounds foul to you then go to Intelligensia if you have one in the area. If not just find the most expensive place around you
>>
Sorry to dissappoint but Kyle makes some shitty fucking coffee.

https://youtu.be/_TCbEy_W9Ac
>super dark roast
Jeezaloo, Kyle.
>>
>>9301463
>using a fine grind for a french press
>choosing a super dark roast to avoid caffeine content
what the fuck
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.