[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Learning from your mistakes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 20170813_112325.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170813_112325.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Made my world famous microwave breakfast tacos this morning and decided to add some pepper spam from yesterdays lunch.
Wow did that clash with the mushrooms.

What mistakes did you learn from recently?
>>
>>9296993
Where do you guys get you Joe Rogan Brand® Plate Water™
>>
Damn it, why did my photo come out all blurry and sideways?
>>
>>9296999
I have no idea what you are on about but I am quite curious.
Would you care to explain?
>>
I recently made some spaghetti carbonara when at a friends house. It was my second time making it so I was still working somethings out.

Basically the eggs I got where far too large and it ended up ruining the sauce I had made. When I poured it over the noodles it basically just became scrambled eggs with spaghetti.

Still tasted pretty good tho and my friends all really enjoyed it too so it wasn't all bad.
>>
As a starter i over-brined some pork loins, used a 2-1 salt/sugar mix instead of 1-1, and then left them in the brine for almost 12 hours.

To deal with all the salt I made a pork stew and stupidly put all the onions, garlic, and pork in the pot at the beginning, meaning the pot was crowded and i got zero browning on the pork.

To compensate i added a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce to add some of that meaty browning flavor.

It still ended up being a fucking delicious stew, but next time I'm browning the meat and then doing the onions in the pot to pull up all the browning bits left over, then adding the meat back in.
>>
>microwave pot stickers because lazy
>5 min on high
>read directions wrong
>supposed to cover them in water before microwaving
>>
>>9297659
>supposed to cover them in water before microwaving
Wouldnt that make them soggy as fuck?
I think you did the right thing anon
>>
>>9296993
if they're world famous, how come i've never heard of them?
>>
>>9298737
You must travel in the wrong circles
>>
>>9296999
what did he mean by this
>>
>>9297964
they probably came out dry as hell and burned
>>
>>9300678
thats called cripsy
>>
>>9297554
how did the eggs being too large ruin the sauce or lead to scarmbling them?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.