[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the heck can I cook at uni?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: cheffin it.jpg (36KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
cheffin it.jpg
36KB, 500x375px
I live on campus at uni now and the shared kitchen only has a microwave, fridge, toaster and a hot water dispenser on the wall. What is something good and cheap I can buy to cook food? I've thought about buying an electric steamer and cooking some fish and veggies in it because microwaving pasta and rice just feels sad to me
>>
File: 1501628965607.jpg (27KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
1501628965607.jpg
27KB, 640x638px
Beat up a woman with a brick and make her cook for you
>>
does it not even have a stovetop?
>>
depends on what you like to eat, but some items to consider would be
>toaster oven
>electric skillet
>hot plate and a cheap saucepan or two

a steamer might not be a bad idea. be careful about cooking fish or other strong smelling foods in a shared kitchen. even if you cook it in a closed container, smells can linger afterwards. other people's food always smells worse than your own, and fish is one of the biggest culprits. it might not be so bad if the kitchen has a window you can open while you cook.

main thing is, before you buy anything sit down and list how many different meals you can cook and that you actually like to eat. then if you can only afford one appliance, pick the one that has the biggest overlap between what you like to eat and what you can make with it.
>>
>>9296155
Don't get the steamer. Get a portable induction burner.
Another way to go is to get an electric wok. I remember one of my friends in university had one in his room and does all his cooking on there. And he cooked for 4 people.
That's pretty much all you need.
>>
do a hangi on the football field
>>
>>9296169
no stovetop at all. Sometimes people bring in a panini press for a bit but yeah theres no other appliances or anything from the uni I could use
>>
>>9296189
I'm still considering the effects of cooking strong smelling stuff but the kitchen has a large window as well as a fan which should help dissipate smells. Listing what I'd like to cook isn't something I thought of so I'll do that and see where I get
>>
>>9296162
How Will The Woman Cook, Noob
>>
>>9296205
Strange. If buying a mini stove is not an option, then you have to live with frozen ready to eat meals and take out.

What third-world university do you live in anon?
>>
>>9296231
I'm at Newcastle University in Australia. I get catered breakfast/dinner in the part of the uni where I'm living but sometimes I wake up late or am unable to get dinner because I'm at the gym or something which is when I would like to cook something nice instead of making le microwave food or ordering something
>>
>>9296155
Crockpot the shit out of things OP. Toss in your meat, potatoes, veggies, and seasoning before class, come back to a hot delicious meal.
>>
>>9296155
1. buy induction burner and pan theyre cheap as fuck
2. cook some one pan shit
>>
>>9296155
buy a hot plate and make some crepes
>>
Whatever you buy to cook DO NOT SHARE IT WITH ANYONE
>"Everyone except for me is a savage and never takes care of anything unless they are at gunpoint"
That is something you must think of every day
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.