[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm an international high school student in a dorm in norway,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: lol.png (13KB, 785x229px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
13KB, 785x229px
I'm an international high school student in a dorm in norway, and I get $386 every 4 weeks. My dorm doesn't feed us after 12 pm on friday until 9pm sunday, and it costs $9 to go to the supermarket and come back. What food do I buy and how often should I go grocery shopping?
>>
The fact that you need to ask this question on 4chan of all places means you have failed as a human being and should probably kill yourself
>>
File: purg.png (11KB, 801x204px) Image search: [Google]
purg.png
11KB, 801x204px
>>9295948
What method do you recommend? Has to look like an accident.
>>
what chain is the supermarket? also how does it cost $9 to go there? you have to be eligible for some kind of student or youth discount, if not free transport altogether

also to be clear, you need to eat for two days plus one dinner each week? do you have a freezer? fridge? cupboard space?
>>
>>9295943
>bobs nd vegene
are you perhaps one of those poo in loos who keeps on asking nudes?
>>
File: 0261_01_bu_d1_6_3.png (147KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0261_01_bu_d1_6_3.png
147KB, 600x600px
>>9295952
I have a mini fridge with a hands's height freezer compartment (if that measurement even makes any sense) and I usually use the top of my mini fridge as a cupboard. The kitchen is 2 hallways and 3 flights of stairs down so I tend to like to cook a meal (if I have enough money to buy normal food) for the entire day / day and the next mornings breakfast lol
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763KB, 1024x768px
>>9295952
that is the price with student discount and the only supermarkets there is in the entire country is coop extra, rema 1000 and kiwi, and yeah two days plus one dinner
>>
File: Penguins.jpg (760KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
760KB, 1024x768px
>>9295955
only if the streets are clean tho
>>
>>9295989
sounds weird - when I was in high school we had free bus passes for the entire county (hedmark)
anyway, some dishes I suggest are spagetti with pasta sauce (put in some mincemeat and onions), pork chops with potatoes, fried onions and shredded carrot, chicken thighs (cheap when frozen) with fried rice, or the ultimate budget option: fish sticks. Most of that can be made in batches and frozen, so you don't really need to go shopping every week, depending on how much you can fit in your freezer.

Money should be no object, I spend significantly less than $386 to make every meal every day. Start out with rice, pasta or potatoes, then figure out a protein to eat with it, then add one or more vegetables that complement it

you could also ask your dormmates to take turns shopping/cooking - saves on hassle and makes it a bit social
>>
You have to go back
>>
>>9295999
not for dorm students in troms, especially "foreign" ones...everything's free when you're Norwegian lol, I know you get them if you live in an actual house though. Thanks a lot for the meal ideas by the way that actually sounds do-able and cheap, also never knew you could spend less than that on food every day, I usually find myself broke and anemic after 2 weeks and a half of eating coop pepperoni, pomme frites, sun yan and those frozen indian / chinese chicken meals
>>
File: 175897.jpg (68KB, 600x459px) Image search: [Google]
175897.jpg
68KB, 600x459px
>>9296001
I've seriously considered that, but I have to finish senior year...the place is insanely nationalistic and there's almost no way you can survive if you're not ethnically from there or speak the language flawlessly, doesn't even matter where your from either, even if you're American...
>>
>>9296015
you're eligible for school transport if the school is more than 6 km from your home address (should be easy in troms). Check out http://www.tromsfylke.no/#/innhold/tjenester/samferdsel/skoleskyss/skoleskyss-i-videregaende-skole/ if you can read any norwegian. You essentially need to ask your school, presuming you live far enough away. Also, period tickets for 30 or 90 days are much cheaper and can be used by anyone who meets the terms (i.e. is young enough)
>>
>>9295982
Get used to eating just one meal per day. Dinner works best because you usually forget about bng hungry is you're busy.

Cook once, and make enough for at least 2 days, but preferably 3 or 4. That way you're not wasting time in the kitchen.

Try to go shipping only once per week
>>
>>9296051
I live in the dorms, and live 4 flights of stairs anda
few hallways down from the school so I can't get one lol
>>9296067
yeah good advice
>>
I'm not sure how far along supermarket deliveries have come where you live, but at least some of the discounters offer free delivery in Germany and probably other parts of Europe. Even if it isn't free, it might still be cheaper than 9 bucks for a bus ticket. You'll also be able to order more non-perishables.
>>
>>9295943
UNDERAGE B&
>>
Congrats OP, you have enough money to eat out, erryday. Go nuts
>>
>>9295943
>What food do I buy and how often should I go grocery shopping?
Whatever food you like to eat and as often as necessary.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.