[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mercer knives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: MercerLogo.jpg (19KB, 495x424px) Image search: [Google]
MercerLogo.jpg
19KB, 495x424px
Are Mercer knives actually good, or is it some "I actually work in a restaurant, I'm a Food Industry Professional!" signalling thing where anons claim Mercer is good because that's what they use at his place of work (and Mercer generally sells to restaurant kitchens and not to home cooks)?
>>
Any knife that's sharp is a good knife. With that said Mercer knives are generally thicker knives and thus faster to dull.

Metal is metal, you got Weebs who will try to sell you $200+ Japanese knives folded a 1000 times and yeah because they're so thin when properly sharpened they are an absolute joy to use. But the key is to keep it sharp.

I'd rather have a sharp Mercer than a dull Shun. Ultimately I think Victoronx makes the best middle ground of professional chef knives. But the point is buy a Whetstone and sharpen your fucking knives!
>>
For the price its good, about equal to victorinox
>>
>>9295388
>thus faster to dull.
Thicker knives don't dull faster, they just wedge more.
>>
>>9295374
>s it some "I actually work in a restaurant, I'm a Food Industry Professional!" signalling thing where anons claim Mercer is good because that's what they use at his place of work (and Mercer generally sells to restaurant kitchens and not to home cooks)?

Pretty much that. Same for Fibrox although they've been riding the ATK meme train for the last 15 years or so

The appeal of industrial chic cannot be overstated. Look at all those people jacking off over their shitty carbon steel pans, which should be like $20 but they've all gone up to like $40 because ITS LIKE THE PROS USE. Or buying pans with horrible uncomfortable handles because REAL PROS USE A TOWEL XD XD

Or retards retrofitting their home kitchens with induction stoves because they think restaurants use it because it's better to cook with as opposed to just lowering the insurance rates. Or tards using disgusting sani tuff hard rubber boards because they got memed on it by some youtuber

>>9295388
Nothing is folded 1000 times, shun is monosteel with a decorative cladding. Please never post about food again.
>>
>>9296173
>induction stoves
If they have enough power and are tunable finely enough induction stoves beat anything. Faster than gas, no excess heat, super easy cleaning, no flame to light your grease on fire.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.