[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hot Sauce General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: not for tenderfoot.jpg (18KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
not for tenderfoot.jpg
18KB, 300x400px
I'm about 1 week away from blending my 2nd fermented batch ever. First one was jalapenos/tomatoes and this one is habaneros/tomatoes. I know there were a few others on /ck/ that were working on some as well. How are they going?

Also, hot sauce general.
>>
>>9291053
Didn't you fuck that up tho and leave ingredients above the brine?
>>
>>9291057
For this 2nd one I corrected that by adding a pyrex plug below the lid. It keeps everything submerged and I don't even have to burp it.
>>
>>9291053
I'm thinking about growing my own peppers. I'm assuming I can do that inside year-round as long as they have good light.
>>
>>9291076
Ahh. Good. The important thing is you are learning and progressing. Part of me wants to start one, but no garden this year. So I'd rely entirely on store bought.

Either way keep us posted anon. I'm a chili head and I've been lurking your guys projects for when I finally do.
>>
>>9291107
Actually though, the first batch turned out well. This 2nd batch should be closer to my desired product because I'll strain the seeds and blend it longer. I'd like to achieve something similar to my OP pic but just a bit less hot.
>>
i need decent recipes....my chillies are going to ripen soon
>>
>>9291143
For a fermented variety you can catch up on what this thread has been discussing here:
https://warosu.org/ck/thread/S9105055
If you're going for a vinegar base or some other style I can't help but maybe someone else can.
>>
I'll tell you one thing that is 100%
The difference between home grown/farmer's market vs. grocery store produce when it comes to fermenting is big.
The store bought takes a good 7-10 days longer to get to the stage in fermenting where it starts to bubble significantly.
>>
What can i add hot sauce to?
I've had a nice bottle in the fridge forever and can't come up with suitable food to put it on
>>
File: IMG_20170811_185336.jpg (991KB, 2610x4640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170811_185336.jpg
991KB, 2610x4640px
>>9291091
Check out the homegrowmen thread on /out/, peppers are their main thing.
All they need is light and decent temps, yes. Barely any fertilizer, I give mine half strength once or twice a month or so.
>>
Here's a link to the current Homegrowmen:
>>>/out/1074788
>>>/out/1074788
>>>/out/1074788
Here's a pretty dank sauce company we have in Chicago. Their Smokey Mole and Poblano sauces are patrician.
>>
File: scorpion.png (299KB, 964x734px) Image search: [Google]
scorpion.png
299KB, 964x734px
>>9291053

hopefully another batch is coming
>>
File: 20170812_153635.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20170812_153635.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>9291053
Me and my family make homemade hot sauce too, but not by mashing peppers. We just buy a load of Scotch Bonnets, cut off the stems and deseed them, then stuff them in a clean jar and fill it with soy sauce.

It works beautifully with any dish that goes well with soy sauce, which is basically everything since soy sauce is more or less enriched saltwater. Use too much, however, and it'll give you a mean stomachache.
>>
>>9292771
Anything that uses mayo, so like sandwiches, chicken/egg/potato salad

Fried chicken like wings is nice for thinner sauces
>>
>>9291053
I have a lot of jalapeno peppers coming in, how do i make hot sauce!! How do I measure brine salt!!
>>
>>9292886
You need a kitchen scale that counts on grams. Then you have to measure it out to be ~5 to 6 % of solution.

Luckily I bought one years ago to make sure my weed bags way proper. They don't cost much.
>>
>>9292886
To get a 5% brine, add 5g pickling or kosher salt to 100g water. 50g salt/1000g water. Make sure your water doesn't have chlorine.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.