[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will it be ready?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: wholewheatpizzadough.jpg (85KB, 620x415px) Image search: [Google]
wholewheatpizzadough.jpg
85KB, 620x415px
After finishing kneading my pizza dough (around 2 cups whole wheat flour and 1tbsp yeast) I placed it in the fridge. Like 1 hour passed so far and I think it doubled in size already. How much longer should I wait until Its ready to use?
>>
>>9289601
Usually once a proof has doubled in size, that's its maximum rise and it's time to shape and do stuff with it.
>>
Also I dont own a pizza tray, will tin foil work? I think I'll have to make the pizza sqaure shaped though.
>>
>>9289610
You'll need something rigid to bake the pizza on, even if it's a cookie sheet and you'll just have to make a square pizza. Make sure when you start shaping the dough to dimple the everliving fuck out of it to knock most of the air out before stretching. If you have some cornmeal or semolina dust the pan with that instead of flour or oil, less likely to burn.
>>
>>9289644
Thanks, I'll try that. I'll post pics when its done.
>>
>>9289601
an hour should be good, i usually punch the whole thing flat (don't knead it any more) onto a pan and let it sit about 15 minutes before baking it
>>
>>9289654
Forgot to post pics, ate it all. The dough tasted off though, It kind of tasted like i was biting into a hoagie bun. Maybe It's because I didint add salt or sugar?
>>
>>9290360
i think the recipes i've used call for about 1 tbsp salt and 1/2 tbsp, that's for enough dough to make about 2 pizzas. i like to throw in garlic and herbs sometimes too
>>
>>9290586
1/2 tbsp of sugar*
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.