[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: sookuu-junmai-enter-sake.png (146KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
sookuu-junmai-enter-sake.png
146KB, 600x600px
Let's talk Sake.

What is your favorite ?
>>
>>9288535
For Fuck Sake
>>
>>9288540
FPBP
>>
>>9288535
Hot, warm, cold, chilled?
Never tried it.
>>
Is that Naruto version of beer? Because they always drinked that in Naruto and they got drunk so I thought "oh it's Naruto alcohol" of it I'd actually just a Japanese drink? I thought it was a branded product like beer like the Simpsons Duff one where they sell that and it tastes like actually Duff (I don't know how it tastes) but if it's a drink then it's ok I guess I'm wrong I'm sorry but I just saw it in Naruto and it made me wonder if it's a branded product or it's just a regular alcoholic drink like vodka but chinese
>>
File: 1347585846552.jpg (66KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
1347585846552.jpg
66KB, 300x360px
>>9288583
>>
>>9288568
It depends on the brand and form of sake brewed, but as a general direction I'd warm up the cheap sake and serve the expensive one chilled. You want the fine nuances in taste and aroma to come out through the chilled form.

Has anyone tried to the type of sake which has small rice flakes swimming in it? The unfiltered one? Heard it's supposed to be super fruity. Would love to try that one.
>>
>>9288535
I only dirnk sake that has been fermented over 1000 times
>>
Ten seconds charge
>>
>>9288613
I got a small bottle of unfiltered sake on new years and it didn't taste very good. I might have just gotten a bad brand but from what I could tell it didn't taste fruity at all. it seemed to have a more pungent taste and seemed a little thicker going down also.
>>
>>9288683
Hm I see. From what I hear it's a love or hate thing. Some people swear by it.

>>9288662
I suppose that's the quick fix for the Japanese salary man while traveling.
>>
>>9288683
Sake also doesn't really store or travel well at all.
>>
File: kotoSenNenJDG.png (86KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
kotoSenNenJDG.png
86KB, 450x450px
best sake I ever had was in kyoto. walking into a tasting a guy accosted me asking "you want to dlink?" I happily agreed and tasted the best sake I ever had. bought two bottles on the spot. damn shame I cant find it stateside in a convenient place.

KOTOSENNEN JUNMAI DAIGINJO
>>
>>9288683
One thing that might have been an issue is freshness. Unlike wine, most sake does not age well. In fact it goes bad rather quickly. Not "bad" in the sense that it will make you sick, but bad tasting. Most sake is meant to be consumed within a couple months after bottling.

That can be an issue in the west because sake doesn't sell all that well, so the bottle you're drinking might have sat on the store shelf for ages, and it might have sat in a distributor's warehouse for ages before it even got to the store. When buying sake make sure you get it from somewhere that has a lot of turnover so they're constantly replenishing their stock. Going to a western liquor store will probably not be a good idea, unless it's located in Chinatown. Find an Asian market or liquor store in the Asian quarter and they will likely have a lot more turnover.
>>
just stick to buying junmai daijingo sake and drink it chilled. there's a bunch of different sake grades based on purity and levels of rice milling, but here in the US we typically just get junmai jingo and junmai daijingo. you cant fail by sticking to daijingo.
>>
>>9289239
all sake bottles have a bottled date. just check and make sure it's less than 6 months and you're fine
>>
Never drank sake before, but curious to pick up a bottle in an Asian store nearby.

Can you describe the taste? Something similar to it?
>>
File: 01shoune720.jpg (13KB, 184x259px) Image search: [Google]
01shoune720.jpg
13KB, 184x259px
>>9289443
get this. it's an affordable daijingo that's a great starting point for sake and much better represents the subtle tones of sake versus the harsher tones of lower grade sake.

it's called hakusturu and it's very common. if you like it, you can start looking into other/better types and styles.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.