[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there actual harm in storing certain fruits in the fridge,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

Is there actual harm in storing certain fruits in the fridge, other than "they won't ripen further" or "b-but the flavour"? Bananas, tomatoes, mandarins, etc.
Honestly I'm sick of fruitflies and my bananas getting overripe in less than a week.
>>
>>9288208
Cold kills the banana and makes it brown prematurely imo.

Eggs belong in the fridge, so does ground coffee.
Peanut butter does not.
>>
>>9288212
>so does ground coffee.

no it doesn't you dumb nigger. ground coffee, just like baking soda, absorbs all the odors and foul stench in your fridge. you don't want to fucking drink that with your morning toast.
>>
>>9288215
Your fridge is not supposed to smell.
>>
>>9288208
You can store bananas in the fridge no problem, the skin will go brown much faster but the actual fruit will remain intact
Avocados go to shit though
>>
File: jagsfan.gif (2MB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
jagsfan.gif
2MB, 236x224px
>other than "they won't ripen further" or "b-but the flavour"?
yeah, there's nothing wrong with storing your fruit in the fridge if you enjoy eating tasteless fruit
>>
>>9288226
Thanks, good to know. I eat fruits because they're healthy first and foremost.
>>
>>9288215
You put it in an air tight plastic container you smelly fridged animal.
>>
tomatoes lose a lot of their flavour in the fridge
>>
>>9288208
apples, citrus, bell peppers

all fine in the fridge
>>
>>9288246
watermelon

and cantaloupe, and honeydew too, assuming they're already ripe otherwise they won't ripen further
>>
I leave bananas on the counter till they get a nice ripeness, then move them to the fridge so I have time to eat them all.
>>
>>9288208
Tfw no banana gf for spooning
>>
>>9288212
>so does ground coffee.
you mean whole coffee beans
>>
File: original.jpg (34KB, 600x550px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
34KB, 600x550px
>>9288261
what's a banana gf ?
>>
>>9288208
I put tomatoes in there all the time. Maybe the flavor is slightly less, but they remain more firm, which makes up for it (well, if you like that, of course).
>>
File: bananagirl.jpg (261KB, 2056x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bananagirl.jpg
261KB, 2056x1000px
>>9288767
>>
>>9288212
Putting peanut butter in the fridge seems like a waste of perfectly good fridge-space, but I doubt the cold will have any lasting effect on it whatsoever.
>>
>>9288261
Dude, they're siblings.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.