[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pro/ thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: nighthawks.jpg (83KB, 1028x780px) Image search: [Google]
nighthawks.jpg
83KB, 1028x780px
ITT: Those who work in a restaurant, or own one, share, discuss about work.
>what kind of restaurant do you work in?
>Where is it located?
>type of food?
>need advice on how to improve it?

Don't share the name of your restaurant of course, you wouldn't want trolls to fuck your reviews.

Those who aren't professional are welcome as well to get advice or stories in case they intend to start their business or plan to become a chef.
>>
>>9285069
I work is a comfort food, southern food place that has live music every night. It's in Florida and it doesn't open until 6pm...then the ticket flood happens.

Can't really improve it, the menu is basic but all the prep is from-scratch so when we run out of something it's 86'd. For example, fried green tomatoes are all mandolined and hand breaded. I guess after hours prep cooks could be a nice addition so the staff didn't have to roll in at 9am for a 6pm dinner service...but whatever.
>>
>>9285096
>live music every night.
that's pretty neat, in my restaurant we only have a broken P.A
>>
>>9285101
It's actually kinda cool, because we seat 80 seats, serve 80 seats and nobody leaves and the bands are good sometimes. But after everybody eats they just drink and it's all on the bartenders so we can do early cleaning. Technically the kitchen is still open but it's already scrubbed so when the doors close we walk.
>>
>>9285069
I worked in a pool club snack bar in a highly Jewish area, I don't know if that counts, but one season we didn't have our prepaid punch cards in and this living antisemitic cartoon called my manager to complain about me because I didn't know Jews weren't allowed to handle money on Saturdays and thought he was joking when he said "what about us Jews who don't carry money".

But I guess it's ok that these kikes still can carry plastic funny-money that behaves exactly the same just to try and out-Jew their Jew god.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-03-14-40-09.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-03-14-40-09.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
I work at a barbecue restaurant in Florida, I guess it's kind of a local chain. There are a few around the state.
I just do prep and other BOH shit. We do a lot of catering too. If you've never had to make $250,000 in catering orders in a night you haven't felt pain.
I like it though, most of the managers are pretty cool and I'm pretty sure most of my coworkers post here.
>>
>>9285143
I've done maybe 100k + a regular dinner service. But 250k, jesus, that's like Ritz Carlton level numbers.
>>
>>9285215
It was the week of Christmas and for some reason a lot of people want barbecue on Christmas.
>>
I own a restaurant in the west-indies. A few days ago I was still working my ass off washing dishes, preparing everything in the morning in the kitchen and then work by night as the bartender and waiter. My father told me that he made me work that heavily so I knew the value of hard work etc. and then handed the restaurant to me. It's pretty weird to be in charge and see people obey to you. I'm new to all of that but so far the restaurant is going well so I don't think there's so much I can improve. You can never know though.
>>
>>9285628
somehow that sounds cool as fuck. I have no idea what the West Indies look like. Got some pics of your restaurant and the view outside?
>>
File: filble077.jpg (247KB, 1343x969px) Image search: [Google]
filble077.jpg
247KB, 1343x969px
>>9285643
Well I can only speak for the French Islands, it's pretty nice if you're on vacation mate. You can have a great time if you like outdoors activities, the sun, the beach, girls. But to actually live here it's another world. Everything is more expensive than on the continent. You can find nice housing but taxes and daily expenses can become a burden if you're not ready to work hard or don't get gibs by having lots of kids.

Here for you. We have a nice location, tourists can go swim for a bit and come take a drink. We even installed plates around the beach umbrella poles we stuck in the sea so they can take their drinks in the water. Pretty chill
>>
>>9285832
give us coupons to your fancy restaurant anon
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.