[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any opinions on premade pizza crusts? I'm too retarded and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Any opinions on premade pizza crusts? I'm too retarded and impatient to make pizza dough from scratch as I've learned. I'd love to make a pizza with my own sauce and toppings.
>>
>>9282803
There was a company named "Bobili" or something that was the original in the 90's. Looked just like that, it sucked taint.

But that was ~25 years, they might have gotten better. You know lots of stores sell premade pizza dough right? They make it in bakery, let it proof, then wrap it and sell it in a ball. All you gotta do is roll it out onto pizza pan.

I know that's not as good as self made, but it's still leagues above premade. And anyone who says "you gotta make your own dough" is full of shit, restaurants have bakeries make their bread and shit all the time.
>>
>>9282803
At least get the refrigerated kind.
That shelf stable shit is awful.
>>
>>9282803
It's awful, and pizza dough is one of the easiest things you can put together
>>
If you want to make your own it takes more than a day of proofing, after that you can freeze balls for ready use.

Just make sure you proof the living shit out of your original dough so it tastes like bread and not yeast. You need the yeast to die off and become part of the dough.
>>
>>9282803
I kid you not, you are better off using bagels or some loaf of bread. even sarah lee in a sandwich press with pizza toppings is better
>>
File: img_2141.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
img_2141.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
They taste awful and they're overpriced.

If you insist on lazy man's crust, get some lavash bread, pita, naan, or tortillas.

Trader Joe's lavash bread is really good for lazy man's pizza.
>>
If you're gonna go to the trouble of doing your own sauce and toppings you might as well at least make the dough. It's not hard, anon, you just need to plan ahead.
>>
File: 999999-5688423141.jpg (17KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
999999-5688423141.jpg
17KB, 400x300px
>>9282926
>>
>>9282831

I buy Bobili ones all the time. They aren't great but they aren't bad. I've never seen other kinds in the store or I'd try them
>>
>>9282803
One of the worst things I've ever eaten was pre-made store-bought pizza crust. Just make your own or you'll be disappointed.
>>
honestly I do this dough recipe

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/no-knead-crusty-white-bread-recipe

and add a bit of olive oil (because pizza dough really is just bread dough with some olive oil). Just mix it all up, put it in the fridge and forget about it for a few days, then take some out, let it warm up and you are good to go.

if you really feel like you cant make the dough do not go for premade crusts, at least go for premade dough.
>>
>>9282803
Nice American premade pizza dough. How much corn syrup did you pig disgusting barbarians dump into it? Pizza is not supposed to be a dessert.
>>
>>9282803
If you hate making pizza dough the regular way, look up no-knead dough recipes. You have to do it a day before you actually make the pizza but it's much easier and harder to fuck up.
>>
>>9283637
from their website
enriched wheat flour (flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine, mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, soybean oil, contains less than 2% of: salt, honey solids, yeast, dough conditioners (1-cysteine, enzymes), leavening (sodium bicarbonate, monocalcium phosphate), fumaric acid, calcium propionate (preservative).
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.