[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ramen broth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

i've got some leftover beef bones, how long should i be cooking these for? soft or rapid boil? what veg to add?
>>
also incorporate some pork and chicken
rapid to start, then moderate
16 hours
charred onion, garlic, scallion, leek
>>
oh, and remember to pick the bones THOROUGHLY for any meat or blood after an initial parboil but before going in the stockpot proper
>>
>>9281913
What's the big deal if there's some attached meat still. Not OP but also getting into stocks. Stupid to buy something that's so easy.
>>
>>9281913
they're actually leftover bones from a rib of beef. got them cooking with some veg. thanksa nyway
>>
If you really start getting into making homemade stocks consider getting a pressure cooker. You can shorten the time a lot and get the same richness. I usually do 3 hours in a pressure cooker and it comes out as rich as a 12 hour stovetop version. In the winter, though, we use a wood burning stove to heat the house and just set a pot full of bones on it in the morning and let it go all day. Usually can @ 50 quarts through the winter. We use a lot of stock.
>>
>>9281920
the blood left in the meat will take over both the flavor and appearance of the broth. op's pic looks like the left is unpicked and the right is picked.

also remember, the broth is only half of a ramen soup, you also need the dashi-based sauce

or you can abandon making ramen and just have beef noodle soup, which will probably be pretty tasty too and is a lot less of a pain in the ass for home use. ramen needs a huge pot to be more labor-efficient than taking a second job and flying to japan, at 20 hours of prep four batches would pay for those tickets.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.