[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone redpill me on hashbrowns? Basically it's shredded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: Hash-Brown.jpg (77KB, 400x215px) Image search: [Google]
Hash-Brown.jpg
77KB, 400x215px
Can someone redpill me on hashbrowns?

Basically it's shredded potatos?

Give me a fast summary.
>>
>>9281806
browns and tots are the left overs from fry processing

but tots are pure kino
>>
>>9281806
yeah basically. but the density is so on point, if they're cooked at a high temp they go good and crunchy
>>
>>9281806
oily and carcinogenic potatoes
>>
>>9281806
I like to buy a stack of frozen hash browns and cook them in the toaster. Godtier easy breakfast.
>>
>>9281827
>>9281841
>>9281858
>>9281865

Thanks. This is very helpful so far.
>>
Hash browns are like french fries for breakfast

>eggs
Eat to live

>eggs & bacon
now we're getting somewhere

>eggs, bacon & hash browns
kick ass, simple breakfast
>>
>potatoes for breakfast
at that point why not just call it morning lunch
>>
>>9282120
People have been eating potatoes for breakfast forever you dumb twat. Carbs in the morning is good for energy throughout the day.
>>
>>9281865
So on one hand, frozen waffles don't have a problem, but are frozen hash browns in a toaster truly viable as well?
>>
>>9282141
>Carbs
so eat porridge then like a normal culture
>>
File: 1426304437333.gif (310KB, 300x182px) Image search: [Google]
1426304437333.gif
310KB, 300x182px
>>9282159
>Eating porridge
>In America

Please refrain from even speaking about your horrible culture and compare it to ours.
>>
File: Welcome To Jack's.png (233KB, 666x1101px) Image search: [Google]
Welcome To Jack's.png
233KB, 666x1101px
Made some recently. Added onion and seasoned (cayenne, onion powder, garlic powder) oil to the destarched shredded potato with plenty of butter in the pan.

They came out well, but a little darker than I expected.
>>
>>9282167
Liechtensteinian culture is the gold standard.
>>
>>9281827
How is that bad though? Left overs as in little otherwise not useful chunks? I mean, they're all minced up anyway...
>>
>>9281806
>Can someone redpill me on hashbrowns?
yes, they're shit.
>>
>>9282148
I've never had a problem heating them in the toaster other than it can get greasy in there; I have to clean it every month which isn't too laborious.
>>
File: Colin_Farrel-Disgusted[1].gif (3MB, 415x212px) Image search: [Google]
Colin_Farrel-Disgusted[1].gif
3MB, 415x212px
>redpill me

stopped reading there, faggot.
>>
>>9282636

Mouthbreathing autist detected.
>>
>>9282636
>no memes allowed!
>>
>>9282636
>Newfag that thinks redpill is from /pol/
>>
>>9281806
>Give me a fast summary.
Basically it's shredded potatos.
>>
File: simply-potatoes-hashed-browns.jpg (85KB, 340x350px) Image search: [Google]
simply-potatoes-hashed-browns.jpg
85KB, 340x350px
They're a real pain in the ass to make from scratch so really you're better off getting these.

If you insist on making them yourself:
>start with some russet taters, thoroughly rinsed
>run them through a cheese grater (you don't need to peel them; you won't even notice the peels in the final product)
>put them in a colander and rinse them until all the starch is rinsed off (you'll know they're ready when they stop feeling slimy)
>lay them out in between two tea towels/paper towels until they're completely dry
>into a well oiled cast iron pan at medium heat
>don't move them around or they won't get that nice crust on the bottom
>you can either leave the top layer soft and mushy or flip and brown both sides
>wa la, bone apple teat
>>
>>9282853
good method but i'd also suggest squeezing them out when you're done rinsing the starch off, helps get a lot of the water out and making them crispier plus they'll dry faster
>>
Basically it's shredded potatoes
>>
>>9281827
>but tots are pure kino

We need to nip this shit in the fucking bud. I've seen more than two people describe food as kino today and it makes no goddamn sense.
>>
>>9282934
neither does you BUTT
>>
>>9282943
Woah, simmer down, no need to go THAT far.
>>
>>9282120
potatoes provide necessary calories, also excellent nutrition.

The only people that hate potatoes are fatasses who can't into portion control.
>>
>>9281806
>Red pill me on potato chips
>Basically fried potato slices
>>
>>9281806
I think I can help you out OP

1. Go to Taco John's
2. Work up courage to talk to human at counter
3. Stutter and ask for 1 large order of Potato Ole's
4. Mill about muttering to self about One Punch Man while avoiding eye contact
5. Continue avoiding eye contact with counter human while collecting order after number is called
6. Eat 1 Potato Ole
7. Become Chad AF
8. Call Potato Oles empty calories while walking out
9. On the way out get cute counter girl's number
10. ???
11. Profit
>>
>>9281806
>Basically it's shredded potatos?
Usually, sometimes diced

The ones you see in patty form are usually bound with flour or corn starch.

Some shops like Wafflehouse boil their potatoes first, then shreds them, then fries them producing a fluffier texture

To make them yourself it is as easy as shredding potatoes and throwing them in a pan, but most chefs will suggest you use cheese cloth to wring out as much excess moisture as possible before forming into patties and frying in a small amount of oliveoil

Be sure not too fuss with them in the pan so they form a good crust.

Salt/pepper to taste, serve hot
>>
>>9282853
...I wanna try this "bone apple teat." Sounds tasty.
>>
File: Hash_Browns.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Hash_Browns.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
These things are like fucking crack to me.

No other fast food hash browns do the trick.
>>
>>9283265
>potatoes provide necessary calories, also excellent nutrition
Good thing there are two other meals where they belong then.
>>
>>9281976
*steak
>>
>>9281806
Toasted hash browns battered in french toast egg mix are god tier.

I put them in butter toasted sub folds with bacon and syrup.
>>
>>9282167
But we do eat porridge, we just call it oatmeal. Also we have corn porridge but we call it grits.
>>
>>9282813
Yeah that's MGTOW, /pol/'s edgy aspergers cousin.
>>
>>9282853
I just grate them onto a small kitchen towel and wring out the starch over the sink, then cook them in the same pan my bacon is cooking in, which also provides the grease. Only reason I would go as far as a colander would be if I didn't want to do laundry.
>>
File: Waffle-House-Hashbrowns-menu.jpg (113KB, 600x366px) Image search: [Google]
Waffle-House-Hashbrowns-menu.jpg
113KB, 600x366px
>>9281806
The only name you need to know in hashbrowns. I get mine scattered, smothered, diced, capped, and peppered.
>>
File: face_of_pain.jpg (368KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
face_of_pain.jpg
368KB, 894x894px
>>9282120
>>9284630
>Limiting what foods you eat for breakfast

90% of breakfast food sucks ass, I'll enjoy my steak, eggs, and hash browns while you attempt to create a palatable meal with your surplus oats.
>>
File: smothered.jpg (240KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
smothered.jpg
240KB, 640x640px
>>9287040
>>
>>9281806
>Basically it's shredded potatos?
You got it, champ.
>>
>>9281806
Nice crispy outside with a warm, soft, shredded inside. Good hashbrowns are fucking amazing.. I love crispy food.
>>
>>9283939

This
>>
>>9283265
Hey, I resent that. Fat-asses love potatoes too.
>>
>>9282182
>Making a menu for your own kitchen, with recipes you've prefected and are personally proud of

Someone convince me this isn't a neato idea
>>
>>9287542
It's pretty romantic actually.
Cooking is a great way to a woman's heart
>>
>>9283939
I like to get them and pretend I'm an anime character eating a croquette.
>>
I like to do a russet/red potato combination.
> shred one medium russet potato
> soak in water to prevent deep browning to oxygen
> shred two small red potatoes
> drain russet potato shreds
> pat dry with paper towels
> thoroughly mix together potato shreds

> oil in pan, nice and hot
> go toward medium high heat (if burners go off number scale of 1 through 9, choose 7)
> potato shreds go in pan, loosely
> once bottom of hash browns get to a golden brown, flip that shit
> let it get to a golden brown crispy state, then plate and eat

The issue I find with frozen packages of "hash browns" is because of all the moisture it brings to the pan, you never get to the proper browning and crispness when you make them yourself.
>>
>>9287177
You seem to be confusing 90% of breakfast food with your dad.
>>
>>9282167
youre on an american website posting a gif of an american tv show, dink. any culture you have is american, minus the dirt and animal organ eating shit, caavedweller.
>>
>>9289383
No shit you fucking retard. Figure that out by yourself?

I'm an American on a American website telling non American people to go eat dick.
>>
>>9289471
my bad. i thought it was in reverse. carry on.
>>
>>9289489
No problem. Go talk shit to an actual inferior person like a yuropoor. We will clean this board together anon.
>>
>>9282167
Americans eat porridge literally all the time, they just eat it cold and call it cereal. What's really fucked up is that the last time I was in a Wal-Mart, the aisle had a section labeled "cereal" and then a section labeled "hot cereal", the latter contained the oatmeal, cream of wheat, and other regular hot porridge items. It should be labeled "cold porridge" or even "cereal" and then a "porridge" section.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.