[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for chilli fans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Jalapeno.jpg (134KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Jalapeno.jpg
134KB, 900x900px
Just made a chilli with 2 roasted red bell peppers and 4 big roasted jalapenos, should be pretty tame, right?
Well, no, it's hot as fuck. Fine for me, but the wife is gonna be pissed when she gets home and finds out what's for dinner.
I want to know, why are Jalapenos the 'roulette' of chillis? In my experience they can range from not spicy at all, to almost habanero heat at the most extreme.
Also, general chilli discussion welcome too.
>>
>>9272836
can you roast jalapenos and remove the seeds?

That might have helped.
>>
>>9272836
>in my experience they can range from not spicy at all, to almost habanero heat at the most extreme.

Cross-contamination with habaneros, they're grown side-by-side
>>
>>9272839
i roasted the jalapenos whole, removed the seeds and chopped them up afer.
i always thought 'seeds are the hottest part' was a meme. i remove them because they're barely edible.
>>
>>9272932
>>9272839
Seeds don't have any capsicum. The majority of the heat comes from the white placenta of the pepper that HOLDS the seeds. Take the white part out and it won't be nearly as hot.
SEEDS DON'T HAVE HEAT,
>>
>>9272932
>>9272966
intredasting, thank you for clarifying this.
>>
>>9272851
They also vary by climate, nutrients, and care in handling. Same way you can pull seeds out of a bag of the brown frown weed and grow weed that's 10x better, just by growing it small plots where you can care for each plant.
>>
>>9272966
>placenta
i believe the correct term is 'pith'
thanks for the tip though
>>
>>9273045
>>
>>9273061
>Like I would believe anything the daily mail says
>>
>>9273045
Not to be a dick, but if you're going to correct someone; try to be right.
>>
>>9272836
>should be pretty tame, right?
Yeah, jalapenos vary a lot in flavor. That's why you always taste your hot peppers before determining how much to add.
>>
>>9273066
pretty sure it says The Atlantic
>>
I honestly love a good pepper, but my digestive system and asshole can't handle it.

It's depressing.
>>
>>9273358

My joints can't handle nitrated meats, cured meats. So I understand. You just have to limit or quit that shit.
>>
>>9273358
i've found drinking milk or eating something like bread first help a little bit, if you like heat but stomach can't handle it

one time i was eating habaneros on an empty stomach and my stomach was literally burning like 20 minutes later
>>
>>9272836
jalapenos are different levels of spice based on maturity. I always test each one to make sure I'm hitting desired spice level. The pith is the most spicy part so you can leave it out next time if you're not trying to go too spicy
>>
Tell her to add shredded cheese and sour cream to cut the heat down. Or make her a banana milk shake :3
>>
>>9273045
>>9273061
>>9273066
>>9273068
Pretty serious blow out. Ouch.
>>
>>9272836
Kick her in the cunt.
>>
Generally I use 1 big or 1.25 medium jalapenos + a few shakes of cayenne powder per pound of meat when I make chili. It comes out hot but not ridiculous.
>>
>>9273736
i'd give her my banana milk shake
>>
balance it out by adding more tomatoes
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.