[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this documentary fake news?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: What_the_Health_cover_art.jpg (21KB, 259x383px) Image search: [Google]
What_the_Health_cover_art.jpg
21KB, 259x383px
Was this documentary fake news?
>>
>>9269171
It was like 50/50 bullshit and accurate. The food industry has issues for sure, but this is sensationalized a lot.
>>
>>9269171

the "muh le veganism cures aids and cancer" bit was bullshit but you better believe that the meat industry is a destructive corporate piece of shit that you should ignore anon
>>
>>9269171
I try to eat less animal products, but that documentary was full of shit
>>
Why don't we ask Steve Jobs ? Oh wait, that's right...
>>
>literally exactly the same picture every time
marketing shill go home it's the weekend
>>
When it comes to healthy eating, anything outside of a limited diet of fresh fruits, vegetables and lean meat is FAKE NEWS in my eyes. You don't need to read books, watch instructional videos, or have a degree in nutritional sciences to know that eating a low or maintenance amount of calories which are primarily filled with the aforementioned, along with exercise, leads to a healthy lifestyle.
>>
I watched it no knowing it was pro-vegan propaganda, fuck I was pissed off.

Why are vegans so sensitive and defensive about ther stupid lifestyle choice?
>>
>>9270036

Supposedly not eating meat turned you into a vagina. As a vagina, you have higher levels of estrogen and are thus more prone to erratic emotional behaviorism.
>>
>>9269181
But the vegan industry is okay?
>>
>>9270042
Makes as much scientific sense as the documentary
>>
>>9269171
Most health docs contain an agenda. Don't forget, film makers have to get funding and distribution or there is no reason to make a film. They answer to someone.

If you want to know if the science is sound, think about how you would support a statement that an egg a day is the same as 5 cigarettes a day. Design the study that could quantitatively measure that up in equality. Use your brain. Get back to us when you do.
>>
>>9269171
Most mainstream vegan doctors say it's wrong and ultimately harmful for our movement.
>>
>>9270189
>mainstream
>vegan doctors
nice oxymoron
>>
>>9269212
This.
>>
>>9269181

wtf is with health docs and claiming shit cures cancer? I saw one that claimed fasting could cure cancer. Are they trying to make sure no one actually takes them seriously?
>>
At one point they said something about "pus cells" in the documentary. I thought that sounded funny, but in truth didn't know enough to say anything about its validity. So I looked it up and sure enough there is no such thing as a pus cell.

The documentary makes the claim that the FDA regulates the amount of pus in milk, like having pus in milk is some accepted dirty secret of the dairy industry. In fact, the FDA regulates the amount of white blood cells in milk. And it's actually very normal for mammals to have a certain amount of white blood cells in milk.

I can't speak to the authenticity of the rest of the documentary but I was disappointed to find something so obviously wrong.
>>
>>9269171
My fucking retard supervisor watched this and is now convinced that coffee, meat, sugar, aspartame, food that has been processed or packaged in any way whatsoever, liquor and tea are all toxic chemicals that are 100% giving us all cancer right now. She also now believes that the government is adding chemicals to good foods in order to turn people gay and transgender, which sounds like something out of an Alex Jones video.
>>
>>9270043
It's easily much more sustainable and healthy vs the meat industry.
>>
>>9270663
An industry can be 'healthy'? What does that even mean? Anything unsustainable is to be ignored and we should all go back to being shitflinging cavemen?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.