[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

marco pierre serves up a 3 star red pill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Chef-Gordon-Ramsay.jpg (42KB, 468x498px) Image search: [Google]
Chef-Gordon-Ramsay.jpg
42KB, 468x498px
daily reminder michelin stars are a meme now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f-j1ctaQqw&feature=youtu.be&t=1021
>>
>>9268492
Marco doesn't give a FUCK.
>>
If I see Knorr® Chicken Stock Pot™, I know that the chef is in the kitchen. This has prevented me from having another experience with restaurant confetti.
>>
>>9268502
Marco's a brilliant chef no doubt, but he's also a giant narcissist and possibly a psychopath. Not a surprise, really. Being a Michelin-starred chef attracts egotistical control freaks.
>>
>>9268492
>lose your stars
>proceed to shit talk about them for years and years and years
A bitter has been
>>
>>9268492
Marco is a seriously scary dude, there is something about him that creeps me out
>>
File: 81hb0Y5TXgL._SY355_.jpg (22KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
81hb0Y5TXgL._SY355_.jpg
22KB, 355x355px
>>9269031
He's right though about stars being thrown around like confetti and Chef's needing to be behind the line. You shouldn't just be able to write a menu and call yourself a chef.

Marco turned his back on the industry, walked away and his stars dissolved. He made a pile of money, didn't give a shit about that, and went for a walk in the woods. The guy had legit passion for cooking.
>>
File: steak guide.jpg (40KB, 587x409px) Image search: [Google]
steak guide.jpg
40KB, 587x409px
>>9269057
>You shouldn't just be able to write a menu and call yourself a chef

you seem to not understand how the food industry works. Once a chef proves their technical abilities, there is nothing wrong with delegating cooking tasks to their sous chefs. This usually frees up the head chef so they can focus on creating novel dishes, which in turn can lead to awards, such as Michelin stars.

If a head chef writes a menu full of new dishes, and then tells their sous chef to cook them, those new dishes are still the ideas of the head chef. In fact, all a chef really needs to do is just create a new idea, delegate cooking & prep, and then inspect the final product before serving it.

What dumbasses like you seem to have a hard time with is that the value a head chef brings to a restaurant is their ability to create, delegate, and inspect. Any grease monkey can cook on the line, but it takes a visionary to oversee the operation and consistently turn out greatness on a plate.
>>
>>9269057
>Chef's needing to be behind the line
I thought that head chefs typically work the pass, which is the most important position in the kitchen.
>>
>>9269097
Yeah Marco like to cook, hence him cooking food. How many stars do you have again?
>>9269127
That's kinda accurate, but any chef should be capable of stepping in if need be.

>Fuck it, I'll cook it myself.
Is a common phrase to hear from a real head chef.
>>
>>9269170
Don't all chefs start of as line cooks though? How tf would they not be able to cook?
>>
>>9269097
nah dude getting Michelin stars is about cutting onions and prepping veg really well.
>>
>>9269097
t. head chef at Chili's
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.