[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smoking meat and them beans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 20170804_134210.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170804_134210.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
I'm getting a headstart on the weekend smoke because I had the day off. These ribs have been smoking for 2 hours with an overnight dry rub of salt, brown sugar, garlic powder, papriksa, ancho chili powder and some cumin. I had a pot of baked beans from scratch under it during the 2 hour smoke that I'll go into more detail in a sec.

Anybody smoking today or planning to this weekend?
>>
>>9260958

I've got a bunch of chicken I'm going to smoke today that's going in some collards and some Mezkin food.
>>
File: 20170804_134116.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170804_134116.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
These are the beans I had under the ribs during the smoke period. I basically used this recipe from serious eats with a few adjustments. I cut the brown sugar in half, used maple syrup in place of the honey and molasses, added a bouquet garni of thyme and sage during the parboiling step which I did in a pressure cooker for 30 minutes instead of the dutch oven, and substiruted home cured back bacon for the belly bacon. The recipe recommended 300F for 4 hours but the smoker is going at 225F so I'm moving them to the oven at 325F after the 2 hour smoke. I tasted them and they're fucking great just need to tenderize and reduce the liquid.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/06/best-barbecue-beans-recipe.html
>>
>>9260999
Smoked meat is goat for tacos. Really adds another dimension. I made lengua tacos a few weeks ago where I smoked the tongue (no pics, sorry) and they were the best I've made.
>>
>>9261024
Sounds like a plan.

>>9261045
Tacos, enchiladas, and tamales are all goat tier with smoked meat. The smoke really compliments a good chili sauce, and any cheese you might use.
>>
Well, I'm pissed about these beans. It's been 6 hours and they're still crunchy. Flavor is great, but these beans aren't done.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.