[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The North American palate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: cornsyrup.jpg (88KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cornsyrup.jpg
88KB, 768x1024px
Why do Americans dump sugar and/or pic related into nearly all of their food? You can't even buy savory foods in the USA (and Canada) without a ridiculous amount of sweetener poured into everything.
>>
Lies
>>
Americans taste buds are fried, so they fill their food with so much sugar that it starts to taste like something

It's a result of them being so fat and dumb to begin with

>>9254108
>>>/pol/
Take your racism somewhere else stupid American racist moron
>>
File: 8729211.jpg (15KB, 400x489px) Image search: [Google]
8729211.jpg
15KB, 400x489px
>>9254068
>>9254125
>>
>>9254068
It mostly goes into prepackaged and processed foods that taste more bland from not being fresh, so they put more sugar and salt in it. It's not in "nearly all" of our food though. Most sugar consumption in USA is probably in the form of soda. I have a pretty good diet with a wide variety of foods and almost nothing I buy has sweeteners added to it.
>>
>>9254108
>jew globalists went back in time and altered american taste buds from the past to like sweet foods so they can take over
fuckin' g̶i̶y̶g̶a̶s̶ jews
>>
>>9254068
We subsidize corn. That's it.

Due to agricultural subsidies that have long outlived their usefulness (but not their profitability), we grow a fuckload of corn, much more than we would ever need. As a result we turn a lot of this corn into other products not usually typical of a cereal grain. The most notorious of which is corn syrup.
>>
>>9254172
And ethanol.
>>
File: fr.png (2KB, 138x310px) Image search: [Google]
fr.png
2KB, 138x310px
>>9254068
Sugary foods and drinks sell too well in the US, and desserts that are treated carefully elsewhere... chefs here tend to overload with sugar. OP mischaracterizes the situation.

The sugarlust is bothersome because the US consumer is forced to pay fat tariffs on sugar thanks to lobbying. One of the ways to get around glucose, though, is fructose (corn syrup).

> Take your racism somewhere else stupid American racist moron
I see what you did there
>>
>>9254125
>generalizes US as fat and stupid
>hurr durr raycist
>but muh /pol/
>>
>>9254108
Sad but true
>>
>>9254726
I get physically fucking angry when I see that video because I swear people don't realize how good brussel sprouts are and that FAT FUCKING BITCH DISSING MY GOD DAMN FAVORITE VEGETABLE REALLY FUCKING GETS MY GOAT GOIN
>>
>>9254068
We subsidize the farming industry over here. Corn is a great resourceful commodity. Even if you bury a third of the crops onder a dirt nap every year,
>>
File: 1455240046209.png (75KB, 348x301px) Image search: [Google]
1455240046209.png
75KB, 348x301px
>>9254758
me too brussel sprout bro
>>
>>9254758
i used to think i didn't like them

one day i realized i never had them cooked properly
>>
>>9254758
>I get physically fucking angry when I see that video because I am autistic
FTFY
>>
>>9254726
>parents leaves child with people to watch for a bit
>they force her to eat food she doesn't like
>she vomits, scared because she can't find her parents
>gets traumatized with food
>laugh at her because fatty doesn't like vegetables haha XD
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.