[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trash parts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: fotolia_8829098_XS.jpg (14KB, 350x235px) Image search: [Google]
fotolia_8829098_XS.jpg
14KB, 350x235px
For the next month or so im trying to spend as little money as possible. Can anyone discribe what beef liver tastes like? I almost grabbed some at the store but i wasnt sure.
Also, favorite recipes using the trash parts of animals would be appreciated (chicken feet, neck bones and offal and such)
>>
>>9253367
My favorite trash part is cow heart. Lean, tender, slightly gamey (less than lamb). Pretty versatile--stews, stir fry, kebabs, stroganoff, etc.

Liver is very irony and pretty gamey. You are better off getting ground beef instead.
>>
>>9253367
Liver is not trash, did you grow up on tendies?
>>
>>9253367
Fried chicken livers is a longstanding southern treat. Not really something you'd want to eat all the time, though. Just get some cheap but flavorful meats like bacon, sausage, or chicken thighs and something with a lot of calories like potatoes or beans. Then just throw all that in a pot and eat that with some rice or bread.

>>9253397
A lot of smoked sausages with beef use hearts. Seems pretty good.
>>
do Americans really think anything but ground beef with pink paste is thrash lmao
go back to eating ramen you sad piece of shit
>>
i feed my dog beef liver. he seems to like it
>>
>>9253399
>>9253423
>Taking shit this seriously
Dont you guys have another "do americans really" thread to start.
>>
Read in another thread that soaking liver in milk overnight removes some of the bitter taste.
The taste is ok to me but that powderey texture doesn't sit well with me.
I like the pate's, and wursts, and chicken gizzards are pretty good.
>>
>>9253367
>what beef liver tastes like?
Too strong. Liver lovers buy calf liver.
You can buy chicken liver for a babbys first liver. It is good in a liver spread jewish style "chopped liver" and good cornmeal breaded and deep fried, southern style. It is also good wrapped in bacon and marinated in teriyaki, or as the appetizer.
If you really liked the spread, you can make pate from pork or duck liver too. Pork liver can be blended into leberknodel meatballs/dumplings.
Then from there, now that you know you really like liver, you buy calf liver, which is not cheap garbage meat priced, but pretty expensive really, but what people actually consume as liver, and only with butter, and tons of caramelized onions.
There is some concern that the cow liver is from the oldest animal you will also buy liver from, and as a filter organ, you really will be eating a bit of danger, years of antibiotics, toxins, who knows what. Also, liver that is overcooked is to be avoided and yet you'd want to overcook something dangerous. Liver lovers tend to stay away from it.
>>
>>9253423
>pink paste is thrash
Learn the language dipshit. Or go find a board in your own language. oh that's right...

>lmao
faggot
>>
Pork/Beef tongue and offal are the most palatable for me.
I love chinese style pork tongue/offal, you might want to give those a shot.
>>
>>9253457
>powdery texture
yeah that sounds pretty bad. I think I'll spend the extra dollar and get the shitty ground beef.
>>9253565
I've tried beef tongue. It wasn't horrible but unless I find it stupid cheap I'd rather not. I'll look into the chinese style offal though though.Thanks.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.