[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cooking healthy in a bomb shelter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1497336852673.jpg (235KB, 1165x826px) Image search: [Google]
1497336852673.jpg
235KB, 1165x826px
Alright, prove me wrong /ck/ by helping me out with this challenge.

Next year I'm moving my dorm and I want to eat healthy. What should I buy?

>high nutrient-for-dollar count
>can't shop every week--maybe only twice a month, need a lot of frozen and canned bulk foods
>lots of meal possibilities, I want to become a great cook
>no high-carb shit
>>
Find a better and more regular source of fresh ingredients.
>>
File: 1.jpg (25KB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
25KB, 380x285px
>>9252851
So...you're implying that frozen veggies aren't nutritious?
>>
>>9252838
Soylent
>>
>>9252869
Those aren't all that healthy but good idea. It'd be nice if I had an instant relatively healthy instant meal choice for emergencies.
>>
It's possible for me to get a few fresher ingredients, but I want to get as many healthy non-fresh items as possible to get by. And if there's anything that's a must to get fresh, you have to be more specific.

Remember guys--it's a bomb shelter like situation.
>>
File: 168.png (23KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
168.png
23KB, 300x100px
I knew /ck/ would fail me. Should have known by all the junk food and bread littering the place.
>>
>teach me how to sucessfully manage a host of ingredients/resources and hundreds of years of cooking practices over the space of a 4chan post
>nothing about how much space or what appliances are available
What the fuck do you want us to do? Tell you what to cook? Want a reacharound too while you learn, you fucking failure of an adult?

Given your conditions, you're going to need a lot of canned food and dried food. That's basic food 101. If it really was a bombshelter condition, you'd be eating MREs and hardtack.

Now fuck off to google.com/How+to+Cook+in+a+Dorm

sage
>>
>>9252838
Just get some MREs.
>>
>>9253356
Huh, good points.

I'll have a nice electric stove and an oven, a blender, as well as a microwave. Anything more and I might bug my dormmates.
>>
>>9252838
Lentils/beans, citrus, apples, oats, tuna, salmon, quinoa (pricier but worth it), eggs
>>
File: MRE hell.jpg (931KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MRE hell.jpg
931KB, 1920x1080px
>>9253366
Fuck, these meals look terrifying. Forget I ever said bomb shelter.
>>
>>9253375
That's actually good as a basic shopping list. Thanks anon.

Also, there's only about 3 feet of countertop available and a lot more storage.
>>
>>9253402
Canned salmon is a nice alternative to tuna. I also like mackerel. Some people find it too fishy, but I really like the slightly tough meaty texture.
>>
>>9253388
They aren't all bad.

It depends on what you can get ahold of. Many consumer-focused alternatives are pretty nice, because they know that people are going to buy what's good, not just get what they're given, as in the military.

This one is looking promising:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z8_Xf5tZ5k
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.