[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say what? Cashews are seeds? :O

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Just learned my most favorite food cashew is not a nut but a seed of an apple by the same name. seeds that grow outside of the fruit.

https://www.dashtribune.com/where-do-cashew-nuts-grow-and-what-are-cashew-nuts-good-for/
>>
They're also very poisinous until processed
>>
>>9251676
Yeah, and the shell of the seed is poisonous and causes rashes and shit similar to poison ivy.
>>
figs are also flowers, not fruits, and they often have dead hornets inside them
>>
>>9251676
Culinary nuts aren't always botanical nuts.
See also: almond, brazil nut, peanut, pistachio...

Botany is an anal-retentive science.
>>
>>9251706
>make a comment calling something a fruit not a vegetable
>some paleo cunt interjects how all fruits are vegetables, vegetables are any kind of plant matter, go ahead try to define vegetable? you can't, it's any part of a plant you eat! there are only 3 varieties, leaf, stem, and roots!

dude, fuck off

also wrong but I don't feel like having an argument with someone getting so worked up so quickly about someone elses conversation
>>
>>9251723
>there are only 3 varieties, leaf, stem, and roots

What about flowers, seeds, fruit, etc? Does he consider those to be leaves or stems?
>>
>>9251723
>I don't feel like having an argument with someone getting so worked up so quickly about someone elses conversation
Are you talking about yourself? Nobody else here got "worked up".
>>
File: images(2).jpg (7KB, 206x245px) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
7KB, 206x245px
>>9251723
>mfw broccoli is no longer a vegetable
>>
>>9251739
he was just a memer obviously, he was singing the praises of coconut oil
so I said "it's really not any healthier than butter" and he went on this big lecture about how its a different type of fat because one is from a dairy source blah blah blah
so I said "the source doesn't matter, the composition does, the only thing coconut oil has going for it is a slightly higher smoke point than animal fats and that you can use it as butt lube"
>>
>>9251762
Is it still a vegetable of you eat the stem?
>>
>>9251763
>memer
Retard or Reddit?
>>
>>9251839
probably reddit influenced retardation. He was making a fuss because the outside of a sushi roll had a layer of rice. Nigga, an oz of rice isn't going to kill you
>>
I always wondered how the cashew fruit tastes.
>>
>>9251676
Nice thumbnail image, idiot
>>
Most stonefruits have a nut inside the stone if you crack them open, eg peaches, apricots, cherries. Don't eat them though - they are full of cyanide.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.