[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dishes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: dd.jpg (341KB, 1600x1071px) Image search: [Google]
dd.jpg
341KB, 1600x1071px
do you do your dishes before or after cooking?

everybody seems to do them after, which I find odd
I see it as part of the meal preparation, and I don't care about my next meal after I just ate
>>
I wash them as soon as I use them, usually while I'm cooking, also while my food is cooling and sometimes just after I've eaten if I don't want my food to cool too much. I have a small kitchen and a small sink so leaving dirty dishes around isn't really an option.
>>
>>9247020
I'd do them after if I was a better man.
I do them right before because I have no aptitude for foresight so I only clean them because I'm forced to.

Come to think of it that's a bit of a weird masochistic wish on my part. After all it makes no sense to go cleaning dishes when you're somnolent from eating, or when you're entertaining your guests after a dinner.
>>
I had to move to louisiana because of work. I don't leave leave dirty dishes overnight if I can help it due to mold and attracting roaches.
>>
File: 1484985229491.jpg (165KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484985229491.jpg
165KB, 640x480px
If I have downtime between preparing or cooking certain parts of the dish, I can knock out some of the washing as I go.
>mfw someone leaves their cast iron soaking in the sink overnight
>>
During.

It's the only way. Any wait time where prep isn't needed anymore is clean up time. There are some things I can't wash until the end but it's mostly done by the time the cooking is done.
>>
>>9247020
During if possible. If it's just a pan or three, I wipe that shit down before I even eat. After is the last resort.

Why in the fuck would anyone be ok with a bunch of dishes sitting around for however long and then having to do them before you even start cooking? I can't imagine the kind of fucking disgusting animal you are
>>
File: 1412951248930.gif (1MB, 360x181px) Image search: [Google]
1412951248930.gif
1MB, 360x181px
>>9248004

I have a strict policy of roomates forbidden with fucking with my cast iron. pic related my face when they touch my shit
>>
>>9247020
In my house it always gets leftover in the sink so if I want to use something, I have to clean before.

It's why I don't cook at home anymore.
>>
>>9247020
with roommates id do them during, now i live alone and i do them after, like whenever i have time and i dont give a fuck because theres no one else to give a fuck
>>
File: 1346903830998.jpg (52KB, 500x552px) Image search: [Google]
1346903830998.jpg
52KB, 500x552px
I do the dishes every morning. It's just part of the daily chores. That way they get to soak overnight and there's little or no damaging and time-consuming scrubbing.
>>
>>9247020
Best scenario: I make sure the clean dishes are out of the dish washer before I start. Then I clean any prep bowls and utensils as I go. Save the main pots and pans for after everyone has taken their serving and I have boxed up any left overs.
>>
File: nick-young-confused-face.png (74KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
nick-young-confused-face.png
74KB, 300x256px
>>9247020

>do dishes before cooking
>doing dishes before they're dirty
>>
I used to do pans/dishes while simmering or cooking. Now I just throw them in the bathtub and do them every 60 days or so. Less hot water usage.
>>
>>9247020
i wash what i can during, and then whatever else is left after i eat.
>>
>>9247020
I find it's easier to do it during cooking so all I have left is the plate I'm eating off of
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.