[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Califlour pizza

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

I'm about to make some cauliflower pizza, any tips? Im mainly making it because I need a low calorie alternative to pizza, I dont expect it to taste as good as normal pizza. Will BBQ Sauce pair well with this? Also what cheese should I use?
>>
Don't do it
>>
>>9246979

The fuck? Post a recipe, I'm curious.
>>
> low calorie alternative
> will BBQ sauce pair well?

if you're worried about calories, you should really leave out the bbq sauce instead of the wheat flour
>>
>>9247005
Replacing tomato sauce with bbq sauce is pretty much calorie neutral.
>>
>>9246979
Shitty meme food. Make whole wheat crust and leave off the cheese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uQN51lU_tI
>>
>>9247012

no it isn't.

the amount of added sugars in any BBQ sauce makes it way more calorie dense than the tomato sauce you use on pizza
>>
>>9246979
what do you need a "low calorie alternative to pizza" for? just stick to your diet 6 days a week and have some pizza on the other day. have some willpower. life isn't centered around how many yum-yums you can stuff in your gullet in the smallest amount of time.
>>
>>9247034
>If you use sugary bbq sauce and non-sugary tomato sauce
Well yeah okay I guess
>>
I hear when u use wheat flour u have to leave it overnight and stuff. Is that true?
>>
>>9247046

well, obviously

You don't put sugary tomato sauce on a pizza, and every BBQ sauce I have seen has been sugared up.

>>9247054

No, but it makes it taste better and have better structure according to most opinions I have heard.
>>
you can make your own bbq sauce with a tomato base and less added sugar if you want. the bottled stuff really is a syrup.

cauliflower crust is easy as fuck but i've always found it a ballache to make a substantial amount of it because you need a fuckton of cauliflowers.

it tastes great in any case. but most recipes for it involve cheese and eggs and shit so it's hardly 'low calorie'
>>
>>9247084
>>9247067
BBQ sauce without sugar tastes like trash.

Haven't been able to get the right viscosity with homemade BBQ sauce, it just comes out like a salad dressing or a soy sauce.
>>
>>9247084
I used 2 eggs (160 cal )
1/2 cup grated Parmesan ( 216 cal )
3 cups of grated cauliflower (75 cal )
Thats 450cal for the crust, and it has some nutritional value unlike flour. I havent shaped the pizza yet but I think it'll be preety big.
>>
>>9247102
That's how it should be, sweet bbq sauce is terrible and ruins the food. Try cornstarch to thicken it or something.
>>
File: 51x7lUR5uqL._SX522_.jpg (18KB, 522x304px) Image search: [Google]
51x7lUR5uqL._SX522_.jpg
18KB, 522x304px
>>9247567
UPDATE: It filled up one of these giant trays I bought, so it's rather large. ( I dont have a pizza pan, hopefully it wont stick to this and ruin the pizza )
>>
My wife has made it before. Make sure you really get all the liquid out of the cauliflower for a crisp crust.
>>
File: 20170801_165855.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170801_165855.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Finished product
>>
>>9247792
Obviously the most important part here is the crust. Is it good?
>>
>>9247817
The crust is great, It makes up most of the flavor for the pizza. The thing is its not crusty/hardened like pizza is. it has more of the texture of a wrap. I'm probably going to use this recipe again but for a stromboli/sandwhich.
>>
>>9246979
>low calorie
>BBQ Sauce

you realize that shit is like 2grams of carbs per tablespoon right? (i.e. liquid HFCS)
>>
>low calorie
>cheese

This Fuckin guy
>>
>>9247890
it adds a lot of flavor for a little amount though. A thin bbq spread will go a long way.
>>9247897
I used low-fat cheese and didint use that much. I used like 1/2 of what the recipe initially requested and it still turned out gr8.
>>
>>9247831
Maybe try broiling it before adding toppings to cook again.
How did the crust taste compared to a regular pizza crust?
>>
>>9247567
wow so healthy pffftttttttttttttt
>>
>>9247988
It tasted better than regular pizza crust, I put a lot of italian seasonings and garlic on it though. I think using this for bread sticks would be great aswell.
>>9247996
The goal isint health it's to make a lower calorie pizza. And it is much healthier than regular bread which has no nutrition.
>>
If you're looking to lose weight, maybe do a Keto thing instead of/in addition to low Calories? I know Cauliflower crust is keto friendly, but I like the fuckin' Fathead pizza.
>>
>>9248015
Thanks for the thread op. Never heard of cauliflower for pizza but i dont lurk here much. Im gunna try it myself tomorrow
>>
>>9248039
I keep track of my calories and never go over my limit. The thing is, regular pizza is not very filling and is very dense in calories. This is pretty filling and the entire pizza I made was 700 calories. ( I went light on the cheese topping ). The pizza was preety wide aswell, it was like 1.5feet long and 8 inches wide ( I used some baking tray ). I have tried keto before but I never really got past keto flu it was too brutal and I could barely go to the gym. Plus its easier to diet with carbs for me since a lot of fruit/vegtables have low calories and are very filling.
>>9248042
No problem. The weird thing is it doesent taste anything like cauliflower. The crust has somewhat of an eggy texture to it, maybe 2 eggs was to much. I reccomend putting your favorite seasoning into the mixture aswell ( I used italian seasoning mix and some garlic and it really stood out ) .
>>
>>9247792
holy fucking KEK is this a joke? It looks like shit
>>
>>9248089
I know, I used a cake baking tray ( didint have a special pizza tray ). It wasent even non-stick so it didint turn out preety, but it tasted preety good.
>>
I did some research and found other ways to make a crust besides cauliflower
Sweet potato - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui6OYR1kcLs
Zucchini - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDRhRD7o2jM
>>
File: lelole.jpg (325KB, 750x494px) Image search: [Google]
lelole.jpg
325KB, 750x494px
>Low calorie alternative to pizza
I've never made cauliflower pizza 'cause it looks like such a fucking hassle.
I just use a tortilla as a base, the brand I use is only 60 calories.
I know pic related probably doesn't look too appetizing in comparison to an actual pizza, but it was still good.
>>
File: 1477112298699.jpg (38KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1477112298699.jpg
38KB, 450x450px
>>9246979
Just made my first batch of pizza dough, waiting for it to cold ferment for the next 24-48 hours is going to be a bitch.

Bought a gas fired pizza oven from shartmart that I am dying to test out.
>>
>>9247018
>Vegan
>le cherry pick studies ignore swathes of modern science meme
>le my diet is so healthy I need to be extremely thoughtful and careful to make sure I get all the essential vitamins and fatty acids and proteins!
>>
>>9247018
>somebody thought that they could eat only zucchini for dinner
>>
>>9248124
>shredding zucchini and making a weird zucchini bread
Why not just halve a big zucchini,scoop out and save the guts, then slather the empty zucc with marinara, mozzaella, and throw some toppings in?
It'll hold together and sounds texturally superior.
You could also do so with eggplant.
>>
>>9248386
Some people are just masochists.
>>
Sometimes you should just skip out on a food if the alternative is this nasty.
>>
>>9247983
>it adds a lot of flavor

stay fat then, fattie.
>>
>>9248599
Im 14% Bodyfat
>>
File: wink.jpg (20KB, 349x356px) Image search: [Google]
wink.jpg
20KB, 349x356px
>>9248615
>>
File: 431066087.jpg (121KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
431066087.jpg
121KB, 720x1280px
I've made a cauliflower pizza as well and I think it turned out great! The trick is to get all the moisture you can out of the cauliflower before bonding it with the egg and cheese. I do this by squeezing out the liquid in my puréed cauliflower with a cloth then sautéing out the rest of the moisture. Then you HAVE to bake the rolled out crust before topping it. If the crust hasn't set, the toppings will turn it soggy. I though it tasted like any good thin crust pizza; there is no way you're going to get any thick crust American style pizza with cauliflower. Pics related, I topped with homemade san-marzano tomato sauce. Mozzarella, prosciutto, and fresh basil on one, mozzarella, onions, olives, and anchovies on the other.
>>
>>9249601
Could you make the crust without the cheese though?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.